StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
"“Hurrah for revolution and more cannon-shot!"
|Special Part(s): |
|[12 Pounder Variants]|
Special Weapon Effect
Nec Pluribus Impar, Bitches. – Increased damage, reduced magazine size, and fast reload speed. Fires arcing cannonballs that explode if they directly hit an enemy or bounce with parabolic trajectory if they hit an inert surface before exploding. Innitial cannonball can inflict a critical hit.
Usage & Description
- The 12 Pounder's normal 1-round magazine makes most versions of the weapon incompatible with Gaige's Smaller, Lighter, Faster skill, as any points in the skill will reduce the magazine size to 0 and make the weapon unable to be fired.
- Though the 12 Pounder can spawn with the RL_Accessory_BodyMod_1_Mag accessory, it will only increase the weapon's magazine size if it has either a Torgue grip or a Bandit grip and exhaust. Otherwise the weapon's magazine will stay fixed at 1.
- A Torgue grip on this weapon will expand the weapon's magazine size to 2. If it also spawns with the above magazine size accessory its total capacity will be further expanded to 3 rounds.
- The ability to inflict critical hits makes the 12 Pounder noticably effective against crystalisks, many times only requiring only one or two shots on the leg to kill them even in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- The red text is a Latin phrase with no proper literal translation. The most common translations are "not unequal to many," "above all," "greater than all," and "No more actuating." This motto was commonly used by Louis XIV of France and was often cast onto cannon barrels.
- The term "12-Pounder" is a common term for a cannon that fires 12-pound projectiles.