5H4D0W-TP (pronounced Shadowtrap) is a subroutine within Claptrap that takes the form of a massive black Claptrap and serves as the hidden main antagonist of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel's Claptastic Voyage.
5H4D0W-TP first appears inside Claptrap's Quarantine near the end of the mission File Search. He informs Handsome Jack's Vault Hunters that he had been projecting the holographic representations of Dr. Zed, Patricia Tannis and Lilith seen throughout the mission and that in order to access the H-Source within Quarantine they will need to obtain an Override Key. He demands his freedom in exchange for handing over the H-Source when Quarantine is opened.
Helping the Vault Hunters
Throughout The Psychology of a Claptrap, 5H4D0W-TP guides Jack's Vault Hunters through the events of Cluster 99002 0V3RL00K to unlock a frozen memory, which will force Claptrap's Denial Subroutine into the open and by killing it, allow them to obtain the Override Key.
After the Override Key is used to open Quarantine, 5H4D0W-TP tells the Vault Hunters that he wishes to give them the H-Source. When they approach, he instead sends them flying away from him, stating that he was never intending to give up the H-Source. He then promptly descends into Claptrap's Subconscious, forcing the Vault Hunters deeper inside Claptrap's mind as he makes it impossible to catch up to him. He eventually leads them to the insertion shard of VaultHunter.EXE and enters the impenetrable barrier blocking the Vault Hunter's access. Claptrap's Consciousness appears and tells the Vault Hunters that they need to retrieve Hope and Self Esteem to progress. After retrieving Hope and Self-Esteem, Claptrap's Consciousness shows the Vault Hunters the memory of the birth of Claptrap as the FR4G-TP, which shows that for a few brief seconds, Claptrap had become 5H4D0W-TP before reverting back to himself. 5H4D0W-TP then reveals that he was projecting Claptrap's Consciousness and that the Vault Hunters had unwittingly given him the means to delve deeper into Claptrap's mind.
Attempted Deal and Defeat
After playing constant mind-tricks on the Vault Hunters through the Sub-Subconscious en-route to The Cortex, 5H4D0W-TP unleashes several waves of Bugs, B4ND1Ts and Viruses in an attempt to kill the Vault Hunters before attacking himself. After he is defeated and the H-Source collected, Handsome Jack tells the Vault Hunters to return to Deck 13.5 to give him the H-Source. However, after delivering the H-Source, 5H4D0W-TP reveals that he hadn't been killed and had been projecting both Deck 13.5 and Handsome Jack to ensure that the H-Source is not removed from Claptrap's code. He summons Claptrap's Consciousness and offers a deal to him: he will make Claptrap a terrifying force of power and ensure that everyone who ever wronged him will die. When Claptrap's Consciousness denies the offer, 5H4D0W-TP taps into the power of the H-Source and fights the Vault Hunters as both ECLIPSE and EOS before he is finally defeated.
Claptastic Voyage's Ending
During the final moments of Claptastic Voyage, after Claptrap is shot by Jack and left for dead amongst the many other CL4P-TP corpses at Windshear Waste, it is revealed that 5H4D0W-TP had once again survived what had seemed to be his death, and releases himself into Claptrap's systems, which in turn reactivates Claptrap as bullymongs investigate the CL4P-TP bodies, Sir Hammerlock scares them off and ultimately repairs him.
- Main article: END OF LINE
- 5H4D0W-TP does not respawn upon re-entering The Cortex after END OF LINE is completed. However, he has a chance of spawning during Round 3 of L33t_h4X0rz.
- 5H4D0W-TP has an increased chance of dropping the Rerouter Amp Shield and the Laser Disker
- EOS is prone to several possible glitches which can occur at random including spawning in a location hard to shoot at or at an angle that causes 180 flip turns on the model, the Eye of Helios and Moonshot Cannon simply disappearing from the boss and no longer firing (effectively taking away any attacks it may have outside the Buglets and the Rockets/Turrets), and possibly re-spawning with all of its health fully recovered or not re-spawning after it regenerates its shield.
- 5H4D0W-TP is four times larger than any other Claptrap, standing taller than any of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel's Vault Hunters.