Anarchy is one of the two first skills for Gaige in the Ordered Chaos skill tree. With it, Gaige improves her damage but lowers her accuracy each time she kills an opponent, or completely empties and reloads a magazine with her weapon.
Anarchy only has one skill point; with it, Gaige gains an Anarchy 'stack' whenever she kills an enemy, or fires every bullet from her weapon's magazine. Each Anarchy stack adds 1.75% to her Gun Damage, but lowers her Accuracy by 1.75% in exchange. Anarchy does not wear off by itself, and continues to add stacks with each subsequent kill or emptied magazine. Deathtrap kills do not grant Anarchy stacks. The skills Rational Anarchist and Typecast Iconoclast may cause more than one stack to be gained at once.
If Gaige reloads before the magazine is completely empty, she will either trigger Discord (if she has it) or else lose all of her Anarchy stacks. She will also begin to lose Anarchy at a rate of roughly five stacks per second while Crippled, but getting a Second Wind will stop the loss of Anarchy stacks. Dying (in most cases), exiting the game or resetting skill points will remove all Anarchy stacks. Anarchy stacks are also consumed by Death From Above and With Claws.
Gaige's stacks 'max out' at 150, giving her a maximum potential benefit of +262.5% Gun Damage at a cost of -262.5% Accuracy. After fully investing in Preshrunk Cyberpunk, this limit can be extended to up to 400 stacks, increasing the benefit to up to +700% Gun Damage and -700% Accuracy. One step further is using the Slayer of Terramorphous class mod, allowing for up to 600 stacks or 1050% Gun Damage and -1050% Accuracy.
The success of an Anarchy build is greatly determined by the weapons used with it to maximize the gain of Anarchy stacks from reloading. When choosing gear players should prioritize weapons with high fire-rate, reload speed and small magazines, while accuracy is not a priority. Weapons with high rate of fire but medium-large magazines like Vladof assault rifles or most SMG's are bad choices to level up Anarchy because the unmanageable ammo consumption they require to gain Anarchy stacks and time to empty the magazine, but can be used efficiently once the stack cap has been reached (400 stacks or 600 stacks with Slayer of Terramorphous).
A weapons that works well with Anarchy is the Law, because it doesn`t starts to lose accuracy until 57 stacks.
That said, when the max number of stacks have been reached, the player can then swap to any weapon of their choice.
The other pillar of Anarchy builds are the skills used in conjunction with it. Players should max the Close Enough skill, because the bullets reflected by it will have perfect accuracy. The damage loss is compensated by the Anarchy boost. Smaller, Lighter, Faster and Typecast Iconoclast provide faster accumulation of stacks and higher stack cap respectively while Rational Anarchist gives momentum.
Conserving the use of Deathtrap is more important with many Anarchy stacks, as it can be used to distract distant enemies and allow more time to reach an effective range.
Since many players have a habit of reloading when the alert for low ammo appears, premature reloads may lead to losing all stacks of Anarchy accidentally. To counter this, bringing up the character menu, performing a melee attack or swapping weapons will interrupt the reload. To reload the weapon without losing Anarchy stacks, unequipping and re-equipping a weapon via the inventory screen will fill it with ammo. Discord also replaces the reload penalty with a buff that can be deactivated with another reload.
- Anarchy affects Gun Damage only; bonuses from Amp shields are not multiplied.
- Torgue Bonus Explosive Damage is affected by bonuses to Gun Damage, Anarchy included. Bonus Explosive Damage is not reduced when ricocheted with the Close Enough skill. (Yes, gyrojets do ricochet.)
- Prematurely reloading a Tediore firearm makes Gaige lose her stacks/toggles Discord, even though the ammo is expended in the process.
- With a high number of Anarchy stacks, accuracy will be close to non-existent, and the spread of the weapon will spray far outside the limits of the crosshairs. With a very large number of stacks (around 550 or more, which is only possible with the Slayer of Terramorphous class mod) and a low-accuracy weapon such as regular shotguns, the weapon crosshair becomes extremely small. However, the player's accuracy does not improve.
- In co-operative play, having a Gunzerker with an ammo-regenerating class mod is an asset, as Anarchy tends to create a high consumption of ammunition.
- In order for a reload to count towards a stack, damage must have been dealt, from any source including grenades, melee and elemental effects, to an enemy or object a few seconds before the reload. Objects include anything that can be destroyed, such as explosive barrels, skag piles, or necrophages.
- Anarchy stacks can be 'farmed' by reloading the weapon while attacking the practice target found in Marcus Munitions gun range. They can also be gained by emptying weapon magazines on destructible objects such as barrels and skag piles. However this is of arguable benefit as stacks may be gained faster by killing enemies in combat.
- The destructible dirt in the Minecraft easter egg section of the Caustic Caverns can also be used to farm Anarchy stacks, as the game sees shooting them as dealing damage, even though the dirt blocks are not destroyed in the process.
- If Gaige falls off the map, she may or may not lose her stacks of Anarchy. If the camera switches to third person as one falls off the map, the stacks will be reset. Otherwise they will be retained.
- Some weapons with a very long reload time (mostly rocket launchers) may not give stacks of Anarchy when reloaded, even when the last shot fired hit an enemy or destructible object. Conversely, weapons with a very short reload time and small clipsize can generate stacks several times before damage needs to be dealt again (up to 5 times for a fast single shot shotgun).
- In Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, dying from failed puzzles and traps does not typically result in loss of Anarchy stacks.
- Gaige has a set of dialogue for when she gets a stack of Anarchy. Each stack gain has a chance to play a line, but it seems that it happens more often when gaining a stack from reloading. All of the known voice lines can be found here.
- The more stacks Gaige has the more insane (and louder) she gets as evidenced by her dialogue, going from "normal" to "excited" to "god-complex". Some dialogue lines can only be heard with an extremely large number of stacks, obtained by points in Preshrunk Cyberpunk and a Slayer of Terramorphous class mod.
- Taking this skill adds two large curved blades that protrude from either side of Deathtrap's neck.
|Best Friends Forever||Little Big Trouble||Ordered Chaos|