StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
This is the reason why antagonists are so popular.
|Special Part(s): |
The Antagonist is a Seraph shield manufactured by Maliwan. It exclusively appears in Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep. The Antagonist can be obtained from trading with the Seraph Vendor in Flamerock Refuge.
Special Weapon Effects
I'm rubber, you're glue. – Deflects enemy bullets with increased damage toward nearby enemies. Deflected bullets deal less damage to the Vault Hunter. High Capacity. Launches homing balls of slag at its attackers.
Usage and Description
The Antagonist is a versatile shield, and while designed to be useful primarily against gun-wielding enemies, its secondary effect of launching homing slag balls will also activate from melee and ranged, non-bullet damage like arrows and thrown axes. However, the slag balls will explode on impact on many surfaces, and thus can be blocked by cover. Care should be taken when hiding behind cover, as the wearer may become slagged if the balls detonate too close.
Due to the buffed effect of slag in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, the Antagonist can be especially useful for slagging enemies, often saving the trouble of needing to swap weapons.
- The Antagonist is capable of deflecting bullets even when depleted, although it will not produce homing slag projectiles.
- The projectiles that the Antagonist launches can damage the Vault Hunter using it if it detonates too close.
- This shield may not be effective on Krieg using the Mania or Hellborn trees, due to Krieg damaging himself too much for the Antagonist's effects to activate.
- Deflected bullets are considered to be shots fired by a Vault Hunter.
- If they strike an enemy, they will trigger skills including Able, Be Like Water, Cloud Kill, Get Some, and Rising Shot; and add stacks of Bloodlust. A percentage of the damage caused is restored to the Vault Hunter as health if equipped with a Moxxi-signature weapon. Kill skills are also triggered if an enemy dies from a deflected bullet. A bullet deflected from Deathtrap wearing the Antagonist via Sharing is Caring will add a stack of Upshot Robot.
- Kills via deflected bullets count toward weapon challenge progress. The enemy's bullet and gun type determines which of the character's weapon challenges, and in some cases may be exploited for specific challenges. Crouching, for example, if an enemy is wielding an assault rifle, will add to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Assault Rifle kills.
- This aspect of the shield's functionality interacts poorly with skills that encourage not firing. For instance Gaige's Interspersed Outburst is expended every time a bullet is deflected, making it difficult to get up to full stacks while taking fire.
- The flavor text is a reference to the a saying, "I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you."