The Arid Hills is an area under the dominion of bandits led by Sledge. The bandits here have several lesser strongholds and the area otherwise serves as home to a number of skags.
Points of Interest
- The entrance to Sledge's safe house is to the north-east, guarded by a bandit camp. Find sniper rifle components here.
- In the middle there is another bandit camp, with a rakk hive near the adjacent New-U station.
- On a plateau west of the bandit camp in the middle, there is another rakk hive.
- There is also a bandit camp hidden in the north-north west, with a red chest.
- There is another red chest on the roof of the entrance to Sledge's safe house.
- Moe and Marley hang around the north-west.
- The rest of the area is densely populated with skags.
- The rise on the right of the entrance has very good loot hidden in the lootable objects there.
- Scavenger: Sniper Rifle, given by Fyrestone Bounty Board
- The Legend Of Moe and Marley, given by Fyrestone Bounty Board
- Main article: Arid Hills: Weapon Crate Locations
- A very tough area in Playthrough 2.5, it is very common to see two badass skags or bandits appearing together here, even in single player.
- Although thought to be unreachable, the bandit bridge next to the first bandit camp can be reached, by jumping on the various metal steps, and then grenade jumping over a large gap to get on top. The top has no loot, although if a bandit died on top of the bridge, their weapons will most likely be still up there. The bridge also serves as an excellent sniping spot.