|Element:||Shock, Incendiary, Corrosive, Slag, or None|
|Mission Reward||The Bane|
|Special Part(s): GD_Weap_SMG.A_Weapons_Unique.|
Special Weapon Effects
in Spain, stays mainly on the plain. – Greatly increased damage. Unique voice module. While equipped movement speed is greatly reduced.
Usage & Description
The Bane boasts staggering damage for a submachine gun, even when spawned as an elemental variant, outperforming even a non-elemental Bitch of the same level. This damage comes at a significant cost: in addition to the annoying sound effects, the Bane slows the user's movement speed to something approximating that seen in Fight For Your Life. This makes the Bane highly impractical for most combat situations, with some notable exceptions:
- Riding in the back of a Bandit Technical
- Combating slow or stationary enemies
- Attacking enemies from positions of cover
- Attaining a Second Wind
- The gun will continue to make sound even if the in-game volume is reduced to 0.
- The movement speed nerf does not affect the character's rotate or aim speed, only movement speed.
- When equipped, movement speed always remains the same and is not affected by any % movement speed effects like the Fabled Tortoise or Innervate.
- Aim is initially highly erratic, the advertised 200% accuracy boost being counterproductive on a Hyperion weapon. This is especially noticeable when zoomed and on short burst firing. Sustained fire, abetted by Bane's enlarged magazine capacity, will compensate for the initial penalty.
- If the player swaps weapons during a quote generating event (typically reloading), all guns will, unfortunately, obtain the unique voice of the gun. Quitting then reloading the game or entering a vehicle will fix this.
- "SWAPPIN' WEAPONS!"
- YEAHAHAHYAEHYEHAYHEAHYEAEHYAHYEAEHYEHAHEAEAHYEAHYAHAHYHEAYHEAHYHAHAHYEAHYAEHYAHYAHYEAHYAHAHAHYEAHYAHAYEAH!! (marked by in-game subtitles as [annoying sound])
- The red text, "in Spain, stays mainly on the plain," is a reference to the 1912 play Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw, in which the character Henry Higgins is giving elocution lessons to the main character, asking her to say: "The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain".
- Most of the lines the weapon blurts out are the same as Shotgun 1340's.
- The Bane is voiced by Ashly Burch, who also voices Tiny Tina.