"Store Your Crap!"
— Store Menu of Bank
"Take Your Crap!"
— Withdraw Menu of Bank
The Bank or Marcus Bank is a feature added with Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, allowing players to store items from their character's inventory. The bank is located in The Underdome. Access to the bank is achieved by talking to the Claptrap in the tuxedo, who acts as the cashier. The Bank was created as a subsidiary of Marcus Corp. and to celebrate its opening, Marcus Corp. funded Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot so that the Vault hunters could kill "hundreds and hundreds" of people.
The Bank is unique to each character on a Borderlands account and will store any of a character's equipment without the worry of clogging up that character's personal inventory. It will carry its own unique orange screen (similar to Vending Machines) in which items can be deposited or withdrawn from. Bank storage capacity can be upgraded by buying Bank Upgrades, which can be found in the Red Weapons Vending Machine right outside the bank itself.
Bank upgrades can only be purchased from the Red Weapons Vending Machine just outside of the bank. As with any purchasable SDU, they can be purchased at a higher level, without having to buy the intermediate steps. Higher level bank upgrades become available with playthrough progression. Bank Upgrade Levels 8 and 9 become available in playthrough 2. Bank Upgrade Level 10 becomes available upon unlocking playthrough 2.5.
|1||0||12||$0||Initial starting bank||Playthrough 1|
|3||1||15||$12,565||Purchasable upgrade||Playthrough 1|
|8||2||18||$26,397||Purchasable upgrade||Playthrough 1|
|13||3||21||$55,454||Purchasable upgrade||Playthrough 1|
|18||4||24||$116,466||Purchasable upgrade||Playthrough 1|
|23||5||27||$244,629||Purchasable upgrade||Playthrough 1|
|28||6||30||$513,807||Purchasable upgrade||Playthrough 1|
|33||7||33||$1,079,176||Purchasable upgrade||Playthrough 1|
|38||8||36||$2,266,642||Purchasable upgrade||Playthrough 2|
|43||9||39||$4,760,721||Purchasable upgrade||Playthrough 2|
|48||10||42||$9,999,143||Purchasable upgrade||Playthrough 2.5|
- The Bank was added due to the request of many players of not being able to carry all of their equipment.
- Only the level 10 Bank Upgrade is needed to gain the maximum Bank slots, there's no need to buy every single one.
- The Banker Claptrap is actually using dirty magazines to raise him to eye level. Similar magazines can be found on the party boat in Treacher's Landing, and scattered in other areas.
- In the vault behind the Banker, there's one silver and four red weapon chests, as well as one ammo chest and a small safe. To the right of the vault, there's four more red weapon chests, as well as 48 safes (46 closed and 2 open).
- There are billboards on the highway from T-Bone Junction advertising the bank with the quotes "Stash Your Crap!"