Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Not even light can escape.
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
|Special Part(s): GD_Shields.A_Item.|
|[Black Hole Variants]|
The Black Hole is a legendary Maliwan shield in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. In Borderlands 2, it is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Foreman Jasper located in Opportunity.
In Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, it is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Colonel Zarpedon in Eye of Helios and The Invincible Empyrean Sentinel in Eleseer.
Special Shield Effect
You are the center of the universe. – Pulls nearby enemies towards the wearer when its shield charge is depleted, then explodes in a huge nova. Increased damage and range, always shock element.
Usage & Description
The Black Hole is a very versatile, strategic shield, and when using it it is important to keep in mind one's position on the battlefield. Its singularity effect is very useful for drawing in enemies for a second wind, and can often kill common enemies in a single blast.
The Black Hole's singularity can also be used to break enemy attack patterns, drag enemies out of cover and wipe them out with a combination of nova and gunfire before they recover completely from the stun effect, making it a viable offensive shield as well.
- The Black Hole pulls enemies towards the wearer when fully depleted. This, combined with one of the highest nova damages in the game, makes it very helpful when fighting mobs.
- The Black Hole can spawn with a Maliwan capacitor, granting the "Grounded" prefix and shock immunity to its wearer. It cannot spawn with resistance against any other element.
- This shield can be extremely effective when used by a Mechromancer investing heavily in the Little Big Trouble tree (specifically Wires Don't Talk, Electrical Burn and Myelin) and Blood Soaked Shields. Once the shield is depleted, the singularity effect will momentarily stun most enemies in the area while pulling them in for its deadly nova blast. A single kill will then recharge the shield to full capacity, immediately readying another nova. This strategy is particularly deadly under heavy fire, where the shield will be depleted almost immediately after being recharged.
- The Black Hole also makes a good shield for Deathtrap with Gaige's Sharing is Caring skill, because the singularity will pull enemies into Melee range for Deathtrap.
- The Black Hole is also an excellent choice for Krieg as he can simply enter Buzz Axe Rampage when the shield depletes and pulls his victims to him, allowing him to easily finish off his enemies without having to run up to nearby enemies since they will be pulled toward Krieg.
- The Black Hole's singularity effect can yank the Cara-Van towards the wearer, and being close to the vehicle when the singularity goes off can down the wearer. This doesn't happen with singularity grenades.
- In Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, the Black Hole can be used to great effect by a Doppelganger investing in You Have My Shield. Since each Digi-Jack gets a copy of the shield, a losing battle can be promptly turned on its heel by using the action skill as a deployable minefield of Black Holes. This is also very effective for hit-and-run strategies, as Digi-Jacks automatically die once Jack moves far enough away from them. The latter tactic will only trigger the singularity effect, however.
- The red flavor text may be a reference to the supposed massive black hole at the center of the Milky Way galaxy; most galaxies are believed to have black holes at their center.