StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
The Black Market is a shop found in the city of Sanctuary in Borderlands 2 and in Concordia in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. It is tended by Crazy Earl. The only currency that the Sanctuary Black Market accept is Eridium, while the Concordia Black Market only accepts Moonstone. In both cases the Black Market is a purveyor of Storage Deck Upgrades.
*Lasers are exclusive to Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.
Each upgrade increases ammo/slot capacity by the same number per upgrade for each storage type:
- Backpack: +3 slots each
- Bank: +2 slots each
- Assault Rifle: +140 max ammo each
- Grenade: +1 max each
- Pistol: +100 max ammo each
- Launcher: +3 max ammo each
- Shotgun: +20 max ammo each
- SMG: +180 max ammo each
- Sniper: +12 max ammo each
- Laser: +120 max ammo each
- In total it costs 2590 Eridium in order to buy every upgrade in Borderlands 2, while it costs 1950 Moonstones to buy every upgrade in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.
- The Black Market is involved in the mission Plan B in which Crazy Earl also sells a fuel cell with a regular purchase. After Normal mode, Plan B no longer requires a purchase as obtaining the fuel cell from Earl is automatically marked as completed and skipped, although Scooter's quotes will remain the same, this is to avoid the problem where players would be unable to purchase another SDU from the Black market (given that the player had already purchased all of the upgrades).
- Patch 1.4.0 for Borderlands 2, released April 2, 2013, added another ammo upgrade for 50 Eridium as well as two additional backpack and bank upgrades available for 50 Eridium and 100 Eridium, each. These are available without the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack DLC. Patch 1.6.0, released August 29, 2013, added an additional upgrade for 100 Eridium and two additional backpack/bank upgrades for 150 and 200 Eridium.