Bloodwing is a boss in Borderlands 2.
Handsome Jack captures Bloodwing during the events of Borderlands 2, and uses slag to mutate her, increasing her size considerably and endowing her with all five elemental effects. Vault Hunters are called upon to weaken Bloodwing enough for Mordecai to sedate her. She is able to survive the first four 'rounds' of combat (Slagged Bloodwing, Burning Bloodwing, Corrosive Bloodwing and Electrified Bloodwing), but when Mordecai finally sedates her Jack activates her explosive abilities, detonating the collar around her neck and killing her instantly.
- Main article: Wildlife Preservation
- Upon defeating Bloodwing, if a Sabre Turret is currently occupying the spot on which Bloodwing lands, Bloodwing may glitch into the ground below the turret, making it impossible to access her collar and retrieve Claptrap's upgrade. If players save-quit the game and travel back to Bloodwing, she will be lying in her proper spot and the mission can be completed normally.
- On subsequent visits, returning to the Observation Wing will not spawn a new Bloodwing; instead, she is replaced by Son of Mothrakk.
- Bloodwing's headless body can later be found displayed on a pedestal in Opportunity.
- It appears as though changing Bloodwing's form counts toward getting a Second Wind if the player is Crippled.