Special Weapon Effects
Always, I want to be with you. – Shoots a spread of 5 explosive projectiles, each of which spawn with a random element and a color to match the element. Shots are accompanied by a neighing sound effect. Always uses 2 ammo per shot.
Usage & Description
Multiple elements can appear with each pull of the trigger which increases its usefulness against most enemies, in no small part due to its high damage.
Its bullet spread results in diminished accuracy at long range, but it isn't advisable to use the Boomacorn at point-blank range as its pellets can inflict heavy damage against its user.
- The Boomacorn was first discovered within the code of the game, along with the Jack-o'-Cannon, Wet Week, The Machine, and several weapons from that were cut from Borderlands 2.
- The Boomacorn is referenced in the game files as a reward for the "Pandoracorn Day" seasonal event, which never occurred due to 2K Australia's closing. It was instead made available via a SHiFT code in 2015. A hotfix released on January 25th, 2016 added the Boomacorn as a world drop, making it a potential drop from any suitable loot source.
- Can not spawn with a sight or any accessory.
- With all parts (grip, barrel, and stock) fixed, all Boomacorns of the same level are identical.
- The Boomacorn and its effect references the game "Robot Unicorn Attack", a game starring a unicorn running across a rainbow-colored landscape. The flavor text is part of the song "Always" by the band Erasure, which is used as the game's background music.