You lost me at 'instead of punching'.
Borderlands 2 (NPC)
|Voiced By||Marcus Mauldin|
Brick is Borderlands' "Berserker" class. He can become proficient in explosive weapons, such as Rocket Launchers, and has the ability to go into a Berserk rage that makes him very powerful in melee combat.
Brick is a massive specimen of a man who likes to use his fists and explosive weapons. He wears a necklace around his neck adorned with the paw of his deceased dog, Priscilla. On his gloved fists he has attached bolts and screws, as well as rings on each hand that say "1" and "2" (giving a new meaning to the phrase "the ol' one-two"). His boots are similarly adorned with bolts.
Brick's family is referenced in several places throughout the game.
- His sister is his reason for being on Pandora. She is missing and he has to find her.
- His mother is referenced in Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot as getting past a certain round; apparently, she was as good a fighter as he.
Brick is an optimal character for close combat. He is well equipped to use shotguns and explosives, and is also a very potent brawler with his fists when he slips into a berserker rage. Some say he is best played as a tank or brawler, as he has talents that reinforce him to withstand harm, empower his brawling capabilities and aid any explosive weaponry that he might use. His default melee weapon is a pipe.
- See also: Action Skills
Brick's Action Skill is a Berserk mode in which the screen goes red, he holsters his weapon and proceeds to attack with his fists. During this time, Brick also gains resistance to all damage and his health will regenerate at a rapid rate as he beats down enemies. l Brick's berserk mode is controlled with the analog sticks and by using the 'aim' button for a powerful but slower left hook and the 'shoot' button for a quicker but weaker right jab. His Berserk mode is upgradable via the skill tree. Several of his Class mods are also dedicated toward improving effectiveness of Berserk, and can make it a viable primary method of combat.
Brick's three skill trees are Brawler which focuses on improving his melee combat abilities, especially while Berserk, Tank which focuses on improving his durability in combat, and Blaster which focuses on enhancing his weapons skills, with an emphasis on explosive weaponry.
Gain the ability to go Berserk. While Berserk, use the Aim and Fire buttons to throw punches. Also, you gain resistance to all damage and you regenerate health while Berserking. Duration: 18 Seconds. Cooldown: 60 seconds.
|1||Iron Fist||Endless Rage||Hardened||Safeguard||Endowed||Rapid Reload|
|Increases the melee damage you deal by +6%.||Increases the duration of Berserk by 10%.||Increases your maximum health by 12%.||Increases the strength of your shield by 8%.||Increases the explosive damage you deal by 3%.||Increases your Reload Speed by 4% and reduces Recoil by 6% with all weapons.|
|2||Sting Like a Bee||Heavy Handed||Bash||Juggernaut||Revenge||Wide Load|
|Punching while Berserk causes you to dash forward an additional 4 feet and slug your enemies.||Killing an enemy increases your melee damage by 12% for a few seconds.||Gives your melee attacks a 10% chance to Daze enemies.||Killing an enemy gives you +10% resistance to all damage for a few seconds.||Killing an enemy increases your damage with all weapons by 10% for a few seconds.||Increases the number of Rockets your Rocket Launcher can hold in its magazine by 1.|
|3||Prize Fighter||Short Fuse||Pay Back||Diehard||Liquidate||Cast Iron|
|While Berserk is active, your melee attacks have a chance 6% to spawn cash prizes.||Decreases the cooldown of Berserk by 6 seconds.||After your shields become depleted, you gain a 8% damage bonus for 10 seconds.||Increases the amount of health you regain when you are revived by a friend or by Second Wind by 30%. Also increases the amount of time you have before you die when you are Crippled by 20%.||Dealing Explosive Damage to an enemy reduces the cooldown of Berserk by 1 second.||Increases your resistance to Explosive Damage by 8%.|
|4||Blood Sport||Unbreakable||Master Blaster|
|Killing an enemy while Berserk is active regenerates 2% your health.||When your shield is depleted, you gain 5 seconds of powerful shield regeneration at 3% per second.||Killing an enemy increases your Fire Rate with all weapons by 12% and cause you to regenerate 2 rockets per minute.|
- When playing as Brick as the host of a game, an artificial speed boost can be triggered by going into Berserk mode within less than a second of being downed which will not impair ability to use weaponry or impede peripheral vision. A less effective speed boost of the same nature can be gained by going into Berserk mode then simultaneously opening Brick's inventory, or interacting with an object that brings up a menu (vending machine, Catch-a-Ride station, etc.). The effects of both of the glitches are somewhat permanent with the speed boost going away only after using Berserk again or after by exiting the game. Both glitches are infinitely repeatable for the host of the game.
Skill Tree Calculator
Check out the skill calculator at borderlandsthegame.com. Note - this tool is no longer supported by gearbox and will only calculate to level 61.
- Main article: Class_Mod_(Borderlands)#Berserker
Brick was one of the founding members of the Crimson Raiders, but Roland expelled him from Sanctuary for the brutal murder of Shep Sanders, who disclosed New Haven's location to Hyperion. Brick believed that if Hyperion was going to treat him like a bandit, he was going to be a bandit, and formed the Slabs, with himself as its leader, known to most of Pandora as the Slab King.
After gaining the Claptrap upgrades, Roland tells the Vault Hunters to go to Thousand Cuts to gain Brick's assistance. They fight through hordes of Slab members before finally reaching Brick, who treated it as their initiation into the bandit gang. He then helps the Vault Hunters fight off a Hyperion attack on his territory, then returns to Sanctuary. He gives out side missions upon arriving there.
During the assault on the new Vault Hyperion discovered, Mordecai commands a captured barge carrying Brick. Both of them help the Vault Hunters through the first gauntlet of Hero's Path, until the barge is targeted by a Moon Blitz. Brick jumps back into the barge, which is then struck by the Blitz and crashes into the lava. However, the two survive the crash and make it to the Vault, and witness the activation of the map showing the locations of the many other Vaults scattered throughout the galaxy.
Entering a game
- "Brick's here, bitch!"
- "Lets rock 'n' roll!"
Opening a Chest
- "For me!?"
- "YEAH! Mine!"
- "Look at this shit!"
- "That's my stuff."
- "That's what I want."
- "What's here?"
- (Humming and whistling) "This waiting around here is killing me."
- "You think I ain't got nothing better to do!"
- "Whatcha waitin' for?"
- "Whatchu waitin' for, now?"
- "What... are you... waiting for?"
- "I'll kick yo' ass, let's go!"
- "Yeah! Bringin' the pain!"
- "Bringin' the pain!"
- "Hell, yeah!"
Scoring a Critical Hit
- "Feel it!"
- "Show me some BLOOD! Hahahahahaha!"
- "OOOHHH, YEAH!"
- "Damn, I'm good!"
- "That must have hurt!"
- "Gimme something else to kill!"
- "Rrraaaaahhhahahahaha!" (Deep breath) "Yeahh..."
Killing an enemy while Berserk
- "UWULR HUWURR UWAARRRLARLRRLWAAA!"
- "RAAGH! KILL!"
- "You're looking at my fist!"
- "Yeah! Let's dance!"
- "You lookin' at my fist?"
- "You need so'me time to find your teeth?"
- "What'd you think was gonna happen?"
- "Never look at my fist, bitch!"
Accepting a Duel
- "What? Uhh okay..."
- "You're dead!"
- "You. Better. RUN!"
- "Must be ya Birthday!"
- "Raaagh! I don't believe it!"
Depleting your ammo
- "Punch time!"
- "Need Ammo!"
- "Ammo gone!"
- "Auugh! Ammo all gone!"
Spawning a Catch-A-Ride vehicle
- "Drive on, drive on."
- "Drive on, brutha'."
Request to swap (Gunner/Driver) seats in a vehicle
- "My Turn!"
- "Trade with me!"
Issuing a duel challenge
- '"Fight me!"
- "You wanna take me on?
- "C'mon, fight me."
- "You lookin' at my fists?"
- "Yeah! Lets dance."
- (Death cry)
- "I ain't carrying you!"
- "Get up!"
- "Get yo' ass back up!"
- "No resting!"
- "For me?"
- "Ah ha! Mine!"
- "For me? Seriously?"
- Mordecai's in position, and my fists are hungry!
- Hey, Slab!
- Whoa, whoa, whoa. You lost me at "instead of punching."
- Nothing for you, slab!
- I think I already called dibs on the Vault hunting!
- All of Brick's Tier 4 skills refer to movies:
- His Tier 3 skill, Die Hard, is a reference to the Die Hard series of films starring Bruce Willis.
- Pictured on "Wanted" posters in The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, Brick has a higher bounty on his head, at $9,999,999.99, than the others, who are targeted for $1,000,000.00. His listed crime is "Murder and Dismemberment of anything that moves". This bounty would later be topped by Gaige at $820 billion, and sharing a distinction with Salvador's in that it ends in 99 cents.
- According to the intro scene where Marcus Kincaid is telling the story of the vault, Brick had a dog as a kid named Priscilla.
- This contradicts IDW's Borderlands: Origins comic for Brick, which states that Brick received Priscilla as a reward for saving children from bandits.
- The letters "TCB", with a lightning bolt, are emblazoned on Brick's belt buckle. This was a signature of Elvis Presley that meant "taking care of business, in a flash". In Borderlands 2, the "TCB" emblem is missing from Brick's belt buckle.
- In Borderlands 2, it is revealed that Brick got a second dog called Dusty after the defeat of The Destroyer but lost her during the Hyperion attack on New Haven. The Sheriff of Lynchwood reveals that she was the one who killed her by breaking her neck in front of Brick, making him cry.
- In Borderlands 2, Brick wears two dog's paws around his neck, representing Priscilla and Dusty respectively.
- In Borderlands 2, Brick has apparently obtained Sledge's Hammer and carries it on his back. If he is unable to engage a target in melee, he will throw the hammer in a similar fashion to Psycho's, except he throws the hammer two handed.