You lost me at 'instead of punching.'
|Character Type||Playable character (Borderlands)|
|NPC (Borderlands 2)|
|Group Affiliations||Crimson Raiders, Slabs|
|Voice Actor||Marcus Mauldin|
Brick is the "Berserker" character. He can become proficient in explosive weapons, such as Rocket Launchers, and has the ability to go into a Berserk rage that makes him very powerful in melee combat.
Brick was one of the founding members of the Crimson Raiders, but Roland expelled him from Sanctuary for the brutal murder of Shep Sanders, who disclosed New Haven's location to Hyperion. Brick believed that if Hyperion was going to treat him like a bandit, he was going to be a bandit, and formed the Slab gang, with himself as its leader, known to most of Pandora as the Slab King.
After gaining the Claptrap upgrades, Roland tells the Vault Hunters to go to Thousand Cuts to gain Brick's assistance. They fight through hordes of Slab members before finally reaching Brick, who treated it as their initiation into the bandit gang. He then helps the Vault Hunters fight off a Hyperion attack on his territory, then returns to Sanctuary. He gives out side missions upon arriving there.
During the assault on the new Vault Hyperion discovered, Mordecai commands a captured barge carrying Brick. Both of them help the Vault Hunters through the first gauntlet of Hero's Path, until the barge is targeted by a Moon Blitz. Brick jumps back into the barge, which is then struck by the Blitz and crashes into the lava. However, the two survive the crash and make it to the Vault, and witness the activation of the map showing the locations of the many other Vaults scattered throughout the galaxy.
- See also: Action Skills
Brick's Action Skill is a Berserk mode in which the screen goes red, he holsters his weapon and proceeds to attack with his fists. During this time, Brick also gains resistance to all damage and his health will regenerate at a rapid rate as he beats down enemies. l Brick's berserk mode is controlled with the analog sticks and by using the 'aim' button for a powerful but slower left hook and the 'shoot' button for a quicker but weaker right jab. His Berserk mode is upgradable via the skill tree. Several of his class mods are also dedicated toward improving effectiveness of Berserk, and can make it a viable primary method of combat.
Brick is an optimal character for close combat. He is well equipped to use shotguns and explosives, and is also a very potent brawler with his fists when he slips into a berserker rage. Some say he is best played as a tank or brawler, as he has talents that reinforce him to withstand harm, empower his brawling capabilities and aid any explosive weaponry that he might use. His default melee weapon is a pipe.
Entering a game
- "Brick's here, bitch!"
- "Lets rock 'n' roll!"
Opening a Chest
- "For me!?"
- "YEAH! Mine!"
- "Look at this shit!"
- "That's my stuff."
- "That's what I want."
- "What's here?"
- (Humming and whistling) "This waiting around here is killing me."
- "You think I ain't got nothing better to do!"
- "Whatcha waitin' for?"
- "Whatchu waitin' for, now?"
- "What... are you... waiting for?"
- "I'll kick yo' ass, let's go!"
- "Yeah! Bringin' the pain!"
- "Bringin' the pain!"
- "Hell, yeah!"
Scoring a Critical Hit
- "Feel it!"
- "Show me some BLOOD! Hahahahahaha!"
- "OOOHHH, YEAH!"
- "Damn, I'm good!"
- "That must have hurt!"
- "Gimme something else to kill!"
- "Rrraaaaahhhahahahaha!" (Deep breath) "Yeahh..."
Killing an enemy while Berserk
- "UWULR HUWURR UWAARRRLARLRRLWAAA!"
- "RAAGH! KILL!"
- "You're looking at my fist!"
- "Yeah! Let's dance!"
- "You lookin' at my fist?"
- "You need so'me time to find your teeth?"
- "What'd you think was gonna happen?"
- "Never look at my fist, bitch!"
Accepting a Duel
- "What? Uhh okay..."
- "You're dead!"
- "You. Better. RUN!"
- "Must be ya Birthday!"
- "Raaagh! I don't believe it!"
Depleting your ammo
- "Punch time!"
- "Need Ammo!"
- "Ammo gone!"
- "Auugh! Ammo all gone!"
Spawning a Catch-A-Ride vehicle
- "Drive on, drive on."
- "Drive on, brutha'."
Request to swap (Gunner/Driver) seats in a vehicle
- "My Turn!"
- "Trade with me!"
Issuing a duel challenge
- '"Fight me!"
- "You wanna take me on?
- "C'mon, fight me."
- "You lookin' at my fists?"
- "Yeah! Lets dance."
- (Death cry)
- "I ain't carrying you!"
- "Get up!"
- "Get yo' ass back up!"
- "No resting!"
- "For me?"
- "Ah ha! Mine!"
- "For me? Seriously?"
- Mordecai's in position, and my fists are hungry!
- Hey, Slab!
- Whoa, whoa, whoa. You lost me at "instead of punching."
- Nothing for you, slab!
- I think I already called dibs on the Vault hunting!
- Brick's family is referenced in several places throughout the game.
- His sister is his reason for being on Pandora. She is missing and he has to find her.
- His mother is referenced in Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot as getting past a certain round; apparently, she was as good a fighter as he.
- When Brick is played by the host of a game, an artificial speed boost can be triggered by going into Berserk mode within less than a second of being downed which will not impair ability to use weaponry or impede peripheral vision. A less effective speed boost of the same nature can be gained by going into Berserk mode then simultaneously opening Brick's inventory, or interacting with an object that brings up a menu (vending machine, Catch-a-Ride station, etc.). The effects of both of the glitches are somewhat permanent with the speed boost going away only after using Berserk again or after by exiting the game. Both glitches are infinitely repeatable for the host of the game.
- All of Brick's Tier 4 skills refer to movies:
- His Tier 3 skill, Die Hard, is a reference to the Die Hard series of films starring Bruce Willis.
- Pictured on "Wanted" posters in The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, Brick has a higher bounty on his head, at $9,999,999.99, than the others, who are targeted for $1,000,000.00. His listed crime is "Murder and Dismemberment of anything that moves". This bounty would later be topped by Gaige at $820 billion, and sharing a distinction with Salvador's in that it ends in 99 cents.
- According to the intro scene where Marcus Kincaid is telling the story of the vault, Brick had a dog as a kid named Priscilla.
- This contradicts IDW's Borderlands: Origins comic for Brick, which states that Brick received Priscilla as a reward for saving children from bandits.
- The letters "TCB", with a lightning bolt, are emblazoned on Brick's belt buckle. This was a signature of Elvis Presley that meant "taking care of business, in a flash". In Borderlands 2, the "TCB" emblem is missing from Brick's belt buckle.
- In Borderlands 2, it is revealed that Brick got a second dog called Dusty after the defeat of The Destroyer but lost her during the Hyperion attack on New Haven. The Sheriff of Lynchwood reveals that she was the one who killed her by breaking her neck in front of Brick, making him cry.
- In Borderlands 2, Brick wears two dog's paws around his neck, representing Priscilla and Dusty respectively.
- In Borderlands 2, Brick has apparently obtained Sledge's Hammer and carries it on his back. If he is unable to engage a target in melee, he will throw the hammer.