Burning Sensation is a location-based challenge in Borderlands 2. To perform this challenge in Frostburn Canyon, three ECHO recordings regarding the "Cult of the Firehawk" must be recovered. This challenge is worth 1 Badass Rank.
- The first lost ECHO is located in the Blacktoe Cavern. Following the path through the ramp and sticking to the left, ECHO recorder can be found on the ground in the southern-most corner of the camp.
- The second ECHO is in the structure high above the frozen lake due south from the entry point. To reach it, one must go through the bandit camp in the middle and take path to the left over ice-covered area teeming with spiderants. Cross the small bridge and around to the back of the structure, ECHO recorder can be found sitting on top of strong boxes.
- The third ECHO is near the bandit camp in the middle, on the way to the second lost ECHO. There's a tent with protected by electrical field at the very beginning of the camp. Following the wires to the right and jumping across the platforms leads to another small encampment. ECHO recorder can be found on a chair in front of the hut with circuit breaker for the electric field.
- Incinerator Clayton: The sky lit up with fire, blood, and bullets, and screaming. One of our scouts came back from his morning patrol exactly as he usually did, except this time he was on fire. His skin was black and crisp, his vocal cords cooked. As we circled around his smoking form, ready to divvy up his loot, he shrieked with his last ounce of breath: Firehawk!
- Incinerator Clayton: As I see the aftermath of the Firehawk's war on the Bloodshots, I finally understand - the Firehawk is everywhere. The Firehawk is a god of justice. A god of vengeance, and rage, and hate, and death, and beauty. It watches us from on high, and it punishes the wicked. We must pay homage - we must pay homage. We must fear the Firehawk. Respect the Firehawk. Worship the Firehawk.
- Incinerator Clayton: No one has seen the Firehawk, but we feel its presence everywhere. The Bloodshots - those disgusting marauders who operate out of the old Dahl dam - mounted raids on the gates of Sanctuary for weeks. Until suddenly, they stopped - I see scorch marks all around the Bloodshot camps. No human could stop the Bloodshots so completely, so violently, so... beautifully. No one but a god could accomplish such a feat.