"She seemed to like taking things apart so I thought I'd do the same to her!"
|Element:||Incendiary, Shock, Corrosive, Slag, or None|
|Special Part(s): GD_Gladiolus_Weapons.Shotgun.|
|[Butcher (Borderlands 2) Variants]|
The Butcher is a pearlescent shotgun manufactured by Hyperion. The Butcher can be obtained randomly from any suitable loot source, but has a higher chance to drop from legendary loot midgets and 010011110100110101000111010101110101010001001000.
Special Weapon Effects
Fresh Meat! – Very low pellet count. Greatly increased fire rate. Achieves maximum accuracy much more quickly than other Hyperion shotguns. Magazine randomly refills a random amount of ammo as it's fired, giving it a wildly variable magazine size in use. Fire rate highly increases under sustained fire.
Usage & Description
The Butcher is a very powerful shotgun. Despite having a low pellet count (3 in most cases, 5 with Practicable prefix), its exceptional fire rate, reverse recoil, and unique form of ammo regeneration make up for this, and as such its damage potential is impressive. Under sustained fire, it gains and maintains excellent accuracy for much longer periods of time than most Hyperion shotguns.
- The ammo refilled is not removed from the character ammo stock, so it can be considered as an indirect type of ammo regeneration.
- If the Butcher refills while at full magazine capacity, ammo will be added to the character's stock.
- Although the Butcher has a Torgue barrel, which normally causes shotguns to consume four rounds per shot, it only consumes one. Additionally, no variant of the Butcher can fire a variable of 4 projectiles, yet the weapon always has four barrels.
- The combination of this gun with Salvador's Keep Firing, Inconceivable, or 5 Shots or 6 skills allows for even further use of the weapon's natural strengths, and allows Salvador to expend ammunition for an extreme period of time.
- The Butcher is one of the few weapons returning from Borderlands with a different rarity.
- Sometimes the special effect may glitch at full magazine and the weapon will stop consuming ammunition, sustaining uninterrupted fire much like the Infinity. The glitch may disappear after dying, or using a fast travel station but not while swapping to a different gun.
- Sometimes the special effect may glitch at an empty magazine, causing reloading of the weapon to fail. The glitch may disappear after dying, using a fast travel station, or unequipping the weapon from inventory and re-equipping it.
- Krieg makes excellent use of this gun using skills such Blood-Filled Guns, Salt the Wound, and Embrace the Pain to maximize the already good traits of this gun.
- The name and flavor text of this weapon are references to a boss monster from the video game Diablo.