Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Both Borderlands games use a ranking system for gear that follows the standard color-coding system for RPGs. A (white) gun would be average, (green) would be slightly above average, (blue) would be a premium gun, a (purple) would be a very strong gun, and (orange) guns are second only to pearlescent (Borderlands) or Seraph (Borderlands 2).
In Borderlands there are seven ranks. The eighth rarity level was added in The Secret Armory of General Knoxx.
- Level 1 = White, rarity = 0-4.
- Level 2 = Green, rarity = 5-10.
- Level 3 = Blue, rarity = 11-15.
- Level 4 = Purple, rarity = 16-49.
- Level 5 = Light Orange, rarity = 50-60. (Not a category)
- Level 6 = Orange, rarity = 61-65.
- Level 7 = Dark Orange, rarity = 66-100. (Not a category)
- Level 8 = Pearlescent, rarity = 101+
There are eight ranks in Borderlands 2. Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty added the seventh rank, Seraph, and the eighth, Pearlescent, was added on April 2nd, 2013. Seraph weapons can only be found in the 4 DLCs, and Pearlescent weapons can only be found in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- Level 1 = White = Common
- Level 2 = Green = Uncommon
- Level 3 = Blue = Rare
- Level 4 = Purple = Epic
- Level 5 = Orange = Legendary
- Level 6 = Magenta = E-tech
- Level 7 = Pink = Seraph
- Level 8 = Cyan = Pearlescent