- "You've discovered another malfunctioning Claptrap robot. You noticed that there were some discarded Claptraps rusting on the scrap heaps around town. Perhaps some spare parts could be salvaged from those?"
- Find the repair kit and repair this Claptrap.
- Repair kit
The required Repair Kit can be found down the street to the south of where the broken Claptrap is. It is located on a balcony of one of the New Haven buildings. In order to retrieve it, jump onto the top of the tires, then onto the garbage container. Once on top of the garbage container, jump onto the roof of the building directly ahead. Once on this roof, a resident of New Haven sitting in a chair can be seen. From this roof, turn around and jump onto the roof of the "blue hut". From the roof of the "blue hut" jump onto the balcony where the Repair Kit is located.
This Claptrap, once repaired, will reward his savior with a Backpack SDU, and knock a hole in a nearby wall, revealing a weapons crate.
- "Thank you, stranger! What a beautiful, wonderful day this is turning out to be! How can I possibly express my appreciation? I know – take this! I think you'll like it!"
- Once broken Claptrap is repaired, Dr. Zed's claptrap may cower in the corner of the surgery.
- Text of Claptrap Repair Kit item: A hammer and some rusty nails. It'll have to do.
- There is a second repair kit in New Haven that can be picked up during this mission; however it cannot be used and does not count as the repair kit. From the entrance to New Haven, head left and up a flight of stairs on the side of a building. Cross this building and jump over the fence on to the next building; the repair kit is on the floor next to a white weapons chest. This is likely a developer oversight.
- On a second play through, mission reward is either a backpack SDU or a grenade mod. Chances of getting a Backpack SDU are higher with a backpack full of items.