|Claptrap Rescue: Old Haven|
|Rewards||1800 XP, Backpack SDU|
|Mission Type||Optional mission|
- Repair Kit: Jumper cables? Those might work.
- "You've discovered another defunct Claptrap robot. Could there be an unused repair kit somewhere in this town?"
1. Finding the Claptrap
The Claptrap can be found inside a building near the south end of Old Haven, just east of the junk yard torch that is required for the "Smoke Signals: Shut Them Down" mission. Several Crimson Lance units wander around this area. The first image shows the map location of the Claptrap, while the second shows the in-game area.
2. Finding the Repair Kit
The repair kit is located to the east down the street on the other side of Old Haven. Turn left at the end of the street and head north. In the first alley on the left will be a set of stairs. The third image shows the route to take on the Old Haven map, while the fourth image shows the in-game area of the stairs.
Climbing the stairs, then turning and jumping across the alley to the other building brings one within reach of the repair kit. The fifth image shows the in-game area to jump to. The repair kit will be in a small opening on the right after the jump. The sixth image shows the map location of the repair kit, while the seventh shows the in-game area.
3. Returning the Repair Kit
Return to the Claptrap to receive the Backpack SDU. This Claptrap doesn't do anything of consequence once repaired.
- "Funny, how just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does. I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed. A guy finally gets a break from all the shooting and raping. Oh yes, these are desperate men. Just when he's having a rest, you come along and repair him. I suppose you want a reward for exposing me to more of this torturous existence."
- Claptrap will appear only after Not Without My Claptrap.
- This mission offers a Grenade Mod instead of a backpack SDU for the reward in Playthrough 2.
- Claptrap says, "I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed." This is a reference to Marvin the Paranoid Android from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. The reward text also refers to "The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy" - Chapter 13. "Funny how just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does" is a direct quote.
- It is possible to complete this mission without completing Not Without My Claptrap. The Claptrap will be in the same location, just invisible and the mission will still be able to be completed.