Cloud Kill is a tier 3 skill in Maya's Cataclysm skill tree. Shooting an enemy will create a Corrosive Cloud, similar to one of a Cloud Grenade except that the acid cloud will not cause self-damage when standing near it.
- The cloud's duration is 5 seconds.
- Only one cloud can be active at a time. Player can only generate the next cloud after the previous one dissolves.
- Nearby splash damage from elemental sources that damage an enemy will also trigger Cloud Kill.
- When using weapons whose projectiles have a delayed damage effect, like Darts and Spikers, Cloud Kill will not take effect until the projectile detonates.
- Cloud Kill received a massive buff in the 10/29/15 update, making it much more potent for the affected platforms. Pre-patch, it was ~3900% weaker.
It might be hard to complete the Hyperion Contract 873 and the Medical Mystery: X-Com-municate due to the nature of Cloud Kill spawning corrosive clouds. Especially if the player wants to complete the Hyperion Contract with all side objectives done. There are two ways of "fixing" it:
- First solution for the slaughter with the BlASSter is to fire, then lead the bandits out of the cloud as fast as possible and while the cloud is on, kill the bandits quickly before the cloud dissolves. This technique can be also used in the Hyperion Contract 873. Since the BlASSter has poor accuracy, short and controlled bursts to the head are recommended.
- The second is to just respec and use the point on Cloud Kill after you have completed the two side missions.