The cooldown is the time required to re-charge the action skill of each playable character.
- Borderlands: Scorpio Turret, Phasewalk, Berserk and Bloodwing.
- Borderlands 2: Sabre Turret, Phaselock, Gunzerking, Decepti0n, Deathtrap and Buzz Axe Rampage.
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel: Kinetic Aspis, Wolf and Saint, Showdown and VaultHunter.EXE
Cooldown reduction skills
Each character has two skills that reduce the cooldown time of the action skill.
- The first skill is always an effect that permanently reduces the length of the cooldown
- The second skill is always a triggered cooldown reduction reduction:
- Lilith's Catalyst class mod grants team cooldown reduction.
- Other mods that give skill boosts can make an action skill cooldown even faster.
- If the Predator skill is fully leveled up and a mod that gives +4 to the Predator skill is equipped, the Bloodwing can cooldown in 1 second.
- In Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, the primary method of cooldown reduction in through the Cooldown Rate stat. This increases the rate at which a skill cools down. The new cooldown for a skill after applying the Cooldown Rate stat is:
- Cooldown = (Base Cooldown) / (1 + Cooldown Rate)