Usage & Description
Hyperion SMGs are high accurate but they have the feature of "reverse recoil": the longer the accuracy increases the longer the trigger is held. The listed accuracy on the weapon is what is achievable after the sustained fire increases their accuracy to maximum.
The Cooler is part of a sub-group of SMGs that only can spawn with a fixed-element Maliwan barrel. They feature the higher-than-usual elemental damage/second and element chance granted by the Maliwan barrel. These parameters achieve even higher values, if the SMG is equipped with a Maliwan grip.
Despite the low rarity designation of these weapons, their high elemental chance and status effect damage can make them excellent choices for combat until a more suitable (or less common, e.g. Legendary) weapon is obtained.
- Other SMGs in this grouping manufactured by Hyperion include the Backburner (incendiary), Storm (shock), Weisenheimer (corrosive), and Wellness (slag).
- The Cooler is only comes in green or higher rarity.
- The variants of Cooler commonly spawns with Hyperion's new-style materials and prefixes which are the same as in Borderlands 2.
- In addition to the Cooler, a variant of this weapon exists as the Fridge, made by the "old" Hyperion.
- The Cooler is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source.