Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Collect Lance energy cores for Marcus.
- Power cores: 0/50
- Speed cores: 0/25
- Shock cores: 0/100
- "Hello! With the Crimson Lance in the area there is a great opportunity for us. Their armor has these special energy cores inside them. A top secret piece of Atlas technology. Torgue, Maliwan, and Hyperion are always on the lookout for them. If you bring some to me there is a lot of dough in it for you."
The objective of this mission is simply to collect energy cores dropped by Crimson Lance units when they are killed. The cores appear in three types and count towards three distinct tallies.
The beneficial effects of the cores can be used tactically in fights. The shock core is particularly valuable for recharging depleted shields, while the speed or damage boosts offered by the others can noticeably improve a character's capability.
Once the mission is turned in, the Lance will no longer drop the cores. The mission can be retained indefinitely however, in order to continue the core drops.
- Red and yellow core effects will not stack, but the blue core's Shock Nova effect does, only from a second core; picking up a third blue core does not further increase the rate at which the Shock Nova erupts.
- "Excellent! And in three varieties too! Oh, you always do such great work for me. Here is your cut."
- While this mission is active, the Lance will drop three kinds of cores: speed, shock, or power. Each one grants a temporary boost in a stat, as explained by their item cards:
- Power Core (red): "A hi-tech power supply used by the Crimson Lance. Provides bonus melee and projectile damage for a short period of time."
- Shock Core (blue): "A hi-tech power supply used by the Crimson Lance. Instantly charges your shields and periodically causes Shock Novas for a short period of time."
- Shock cores also cause a character's shield to constantly recharge after the initial full-charge, even while taking damage. This effect stacks with the character's regular shield recharge.
- Speed Core (yellow): "A hi-tech power supply used by the Crimson Lance. When collected, movement speed is increased and you earn bonus XP for a short period of time."
- This mission can only be obtained after completing the story mission Boost the Monster for Scooter.
- Core effects do not mix, picking up a core of another color will overwrite the previous effect.
- The Shock Nova will detonate nearby barrels.