Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Corrosive weapons are capable of splashing acid onto multiple enemies, causing them to corrode away. Corrosive damage is particularly good at eliminating Crimson Lance, turrets and vehicles. Similarly, in Borderlands 2, Corrosive damage is extremely useful in dealing with Loaders, Hyperion Soldiers, and armored enemies of all types (now indicated by yellow health bars). The death animation from corrosive damage is a grisly scene in which green acid eats away at the victims' flesh or plate until they are completely dissolved.
Corrosive acids can be formed by many objects and creatures:
- Guns are the most obvious, as corrosion can be found firing from any weapon type.
- Barrels which are green in color contain corrosive acid and explode, releasing a large splash of acid when ignited.
- Grenades can also deal corrosive damage if a "Corrosive" upgrade is on the equipped grenade mod.
- Shields can also produce an acid burst or nova when depleted. These shields can only be manufactured by S&S Munitions
- Creatures can also have the ability to generate acid. All creatures capable of creating acid are also immune to acid.
- Action Skills can be enhanced by a corrosive artifact, creating the corroding effect when used on enemies.
Corrosive attacks inflict 20% less damage against bare flesh or shields (including shielded armor), but 100% additional damage against unshielded armor.
Subsequent attacks against a corroding target enjoy a 15% damage bonus.
- Lilith and Mordecai have access to class mods that are specifically tuned to enhancing corrosive damage.
- The transition screen tips state that corrosion is good for countering armor. This includes not only Crimson Lance armor, but the armor on skags and vehicles as well.
- All undead creatures from The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned take no damage over time from corrosion.
Corrosive attacks inflict 10% less damage against bare flesh and 25% less damage against shields (including shielded armor), but 50% additional damage against unshielded armor.
True Vault Hunter Mode
Corrosive attacks inflict 40% less damage against bare flesh and 60% less damage against shields (including shielded armor), but 75% additional damage against unshielded armor.
- Unlike in Borderlands, subsequent attacks against a corroding target enjoy no additional damage bonus. This effect has been replaced by Slag.