Corrosive weapons are capable of splashing acid onto multiple enemies, causing them to corrode away. Corrosive damage is particularly good at eliminating Crimson Lance, Turrets and vehicles. The death animation from corrosive damage is a grisly scene where green acid splashes off the victim as they are quickly dissolved.
Corrosive acids can be formed by many objects and creatures:
- Guns are the most obvious, as corrosion can be found firing from any weapon type.
- Barrels which are green in color contain corrosive acid and explode, releasing a large splash of acid when ignited.
- Grenades can also deal corrosive damage if a "Corrosive" upgrade is on the equipped grenade mod.
- Shields can also produce an acid burst or nova when depleted. These shields can only be manufactured by S&S Munitions
- Creatures can also have the ability to generate acid. All creatures capable of creating acid are also immune to acid.
- Action Skills can be enhanced by a corrosive artifact, creating the corroding effect when used on enemies.
Corrosive attacks inflict 20% less damage against bare flesh or shields (including shielded armor), but 100% additional damage against unshielded armor.
Subsequent attacks against a corroding target enjoy a 15% damage bonus.
- Lilith and Mordecai have access to Class Mods that are specifically tuned to enhancing corrosive damage.
- Lilith's Venom skill makes all of her melee attacks corrosive.
- The transition screen tips state that corrosion is good for countering armor. This includes not only Crimson Lance armor, but the armor on skags and vehicles as well.
- All undead creatures from The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned take no damage over time from corrosion.
- List of Unique/Legendary Corrosive weapons:
Normal Mode Edit
Corrosive attacks inflict 10% less damage against bare flesh and 25% less damage againt shields (including shielded armor), but 50% additional damage against unshielded armor.
True Vault Hunter Mode Edit
Corrosive attacks inflict 40% less damage against bare flesh amd 60% less damage againt shields (including shielded armor), but 75% additional damage against unshielded armor.
- Unlike the original game, subsequent attacks against a corroding target enjoy no additional damage bonus. This effect has been replaced by Slag.
- List of Unique/Legendary Corrosive Guns, Shields and Grenade Mods