StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
It's not a gun - a machine. A Dahlminator. A Dahl Systems Model 101.
|Special Part(s): |
Weapon Special Effects
Dodge this. – Always corrosive. Fires slow-moving, homing projectiles. Upon impact, projectiles stick to the enemy (or surface) briefly before exploding, dealing corrosive damage in a small area.
Usage & Description
As the projectiles are homing on targets, Gaige can make the best use of this weapon by combining this with Anarchy stacks. However, at high Anarchy stack count, the initial projectile angle may be too steep to home on target before hitting an obstacle (wall/ground included).
- If the prefix "Twin" is present, the Dahlminator will fire two bullets instead of one, at the cost of four bullets per shot.
- No shots from this gun will trigger a critical hit, even if the dart is directly aimed at and lands on a critical point on the target, the only exception to this being if the Dahlminator is used against enemies such as Crystalisks.
- This weapon's name is a combination of the word 'Dahl' and 'Dominator'.
- It's also likely a combination of "Dahl" and "Terminator".
- A hotfix on 10/12/13 increased the stability and magazine size of the Dahlminator and all other Dahl pistols as part of the Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt.
- The flavor text is a reference to the film "The Matrix". The character Trinity says the flavor text. 1
- Part of the text "A Dahl Systems Model 101" is a reference to the Terminator film franchise. the titular Terminator(s) being "Cyberdyne Systems Model 101".