In terms of mechanics, Deadly does not actually increase the final critical hit damage by an overall +6% damage. Rather, it adds a +15% of the weapon's base damage to the overall critical damage, according to this formula:
CriticalDamage = BaseDamage × (1 + EnemyZoneBonus + WeaponCriticalBonus + DeadlyLevel × 0.15)
For example, given a bonus of +75%:
- 100 Damage Pistol => +75 Damage per critical hit.
- 200 Damage Revolver => +150 Damage per critical hit.
- 400 Damage Sniper Rifle => +300 Damage per critical hit.
+6% is the "would be" final overall bonus when firing with a non-critical damage bonus weapon (pistol, shotgun, rifle, etc.), at an enemy with a base +150% Critical Damage Bonus (bandits).
- For more information on critical hits and their mechanics, see critical hit
|Critical hit bonus||+15%||+30%||+45%||+60%||+75%|
Additional levels may be acquired through the use of an Assassin, Gunfighter, Gunslinger, or Truxican Wrestler class mod.
|Critical hit damage||+90%||+105%||+120%||+135%|
- The bonus also applies to melee, as the critical damage of melee hits is the same as that of the current weapon in Mordecai's hand.