- Amount of kunai throws per cooldown: 5
- Zer0 gets five packs of four kunai per use of Decepti0n. With the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack, it is possible for Zer0 to apply a Death Mark to the target and kill with a melee attack, allowing Many Must Fall to activate, resetting Zer0's kunai count.
- Death Mark can be applied with kunai, unlike the standard skill, kunai can apply Death Marks to multiple enemies at the same time. However, only a direct hit will inflict Death Mark; the elemental explosion will not suffice.
- Kunai do not alert enemies in any way. Killing an enemy with kunai while in Decepti0n does not end Decepti0n, and thus does not increase Decepti0n's cooldown rate.
- The kunai count as melee attacks. They benefit from Roid Shield damage, melee damage bonuses from relics and class mods, and the Killing Bl0w skill. The C0unter Strike skill applies, but only on the first handful of kunai thrown. Killing enemies with kunai does not trigger Resurgence or Be Like Water.
- The exploding kunai can damage Zer0 himself and possibly apply their elemental effects to him if they go off near him. However their radius is very small and this will only be a hazard if standing next to a target.
- Kunai are thrown in a moderate spread and travel straight for a short time before falling in a ballistic arc; at long range it is necessary to adjust for this. However, use at long range is debatable, as the spread means that massive damage is only dealt at close range.
- Kunai have a small delay between impact and explosion. The impact deals a small amount of non-elemental damage, followed by the much-larger elemental explosion.
- The damage dealt by this skill may be somewhat irregular. This is because of the random nature of elemental effects applied - if a kunai from the first pack thrown Slags an enemy, then subsequent kunai will deal much more damage.