Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Defiler is a ranged Zombie, and has slightly more health than its normal counterparts. This zombie has two modes of attack; one is a sweeping arc attack where he spews bile, hitting everything in front of him. The second is a single-target bile shot. An enemy hit by any bile attacks will experience an obstructed view as well as temporarily impairing movement.
- Like other Zombies, Defilers are completely immune to Corrosive damage over time, but are vulnerable to Incendiary and Explosive weaponry.
- The Defiler's "single spew" attack is hard to avoid, so maintain distance.
- The Defiler's "spread spew" attack obscures vision (the screen) and lowers movement speed drastically; this attack can be easily evaded though. It is less effective from a Defiler of lower level than the Vault Hunter.
- Defilers commonly spawn within groups of normal zombies, slowing the player down and allowing other zombies to catch up and cause major damage.
- Defilers move swiftly and will run away to maximize distance between themselves and their foes before spewing, making them very difficult to kill with melee attacks.
- The Defiler zombie's puking attack and slightly distended abdomen may be a reference to the Left 4 Dead special zombies.
- Oddly enough, the Defiler's ears are slightly pointed.