Constructors can appear as Badass Constructors that have an even higher amount of hit points than their regular counterparts, as well as having a number of autocannons on their bodies.
Constructors have many forms of attack, including:
- Construction of new loaders. Badass constructors can create 3 loaders simultaneously. In Normal Mode most will be fodder types (EXP, GUN and PWR) with occasional WAR loaders, while in True Vault Hunter Mode they will frequently construct Badass, Super Badass and RPG loaders.
- Constructing surveyors.
- Creating constructor turrets. Unlike loaders, turrets are spawned instantly.
- Laser beams firing from its "eye".
- Homing missiles.
- Large nuclear missile with homing capabilities. Badass Constructors launch three missiles successively and raise a shield in front of their eye when preparing for the nuclear strike.
- A massively-damaging ground pound when characters enter close range. The damage radius is much larger than the radius around the loader which is glowing.
- Autocannon fire. Only Badass Constructors have autocannons, and they can be shot off as separate targets.
The main threat of a constructor is its ability to create an endless supply of loaders. The primary weakness of the constructor is its red eye in the front. Shooting its eye when it is digistructing a robot can interrupt this process. If surveyors are present, they should be destroyed promptly due to their tendency to recharge shields around the constructor and repair them. As with all robots, it is weak against corrosive weapons. The autocannons on a Badass Loader, like all such weapons, count as separate targets for purposes of getting Second Winds or triggering Zer0's B0re skill.
Even when not actively constructing loaders, constructors can cripple attackers in short order with rocket barrages, lasers, and the extremely damaging nuclear strike. Cover is therefore essential when battling them. Nukes can be shot in mid air before they can damage anyone.
One particularly effective strategy is to approach the constructor at moderately short range and fire repeatedly into the eye. Rockets cannot strike attackers at too close a range, and the constructor cannot pound targets more than a few feet away. Laser beams and nukes can still hit attackers standing in front of the constructor in this manner, but the laser is easily outmaneuvered and the nukes can be shot out of the air. Alternatively, a lone constructor can be whittled down slowly by attacking it from behind at close range to avoid its laser eye beams but not close enough to get hit by its ground slam shockwave. The constructor will be less likely to fire missiles if attackers are close and has almost no offensive options in such cases.
- Constructors' homing missiles are able to seek Zer0 which his Decepti0n skill is engaged.
- Constructors are practically immune to elemental status effects and slag. Furthermore, the energy shields they raise in front of their eye is impenetrable and can deflect bullets.
- There are four different constructors in the Come and Get Me trailer, around the end. One is the regular constructor, the green constructor is the Hacked Overseer, the blue constructor is W4R-D3N, and the other one is a red-orange colour which are Constructor V2.0 (The robot in the video is a crimson colour, however the V2.0 models are a bright orange. The differences may be because of the simulated shade in the video, due to the fact that the video was taken at the base of a tower in Opportunity)