|Dexiduous the Invincible|
In order to spawn Dexiduous the Invincible, four totems around Hunter's Grotto have to be activated using 21-27 Eridium each. Once all are activated, a final lever has to be pulled in order to actually spawn him. If players leave Hunter's Grotto after activating any of the totems, the totems will reset and the players will need to start again.
The totem locations (as seen on the image to the right) are best activated with 1 and 3, and 2 and 4 grouped together as to minimize walking distance.
- The first totem is located in the very west side of the map, on the wooden paths leading up to the large house, and is fairly straightforward.
- The second is another very straightforward totem at the eastern coast, but can also easily be done after jumping off the cliff after doing totem number 4.
- The third totem is just south of the first one, and requires jumping down on top of an elevator on the edge of the cliff. Once arrived at the lift, proceed through the small cave and through the shallow lake. The totem is at the end of these.
- The fourth totem is found by going to the south from the lodge and through the narrow path to the elevator. Once at the top, simply head north to where the totem is located near the edge of the cliff.
Once all totems have been activated, the final step is to throw the lever located just west of the lodge. The lever requires no additional cost to activate, and once pulled, will begin to spawn waves of increasingly difficult savages. The final wave consists of two Super Badass Witch Doctors and several Badass Savages, and once they are killed, Dexiduous the Invincible will rise from the lake south of the switch.
Dexiduous is immune to lightning damage, and takes reduced damage from all elemental sources. He cannot be afflicted by status effects, but has three weak spots which still take reduced damage from everything, and are also susceptible to non-elemental and lightning damage. The weak points are destroyed once enough damage is dealt to them, but slowly new weak spots grow on pre-designated places on his body, with a maximum of three at a time. These are not necessarily the normal three weak spots as seen on other drifters.
Dexiduous has several devastating projectile attacks which can be hard to dodge without sprinting, depending on the distance between him and his target. At long range, he fires three corrosive orbs with a very large splash and high damage, enough to kill if more than one orb hits. At long range, he spews a volley of grey projectiles. These do less damage and have less splash than the corrosive orbs, but are much faster and follow each other quickly. Even a third of the complete volley hitting is enough to kill even the most prepared Vault Hunters. If standing somewhere between his legs, it is virtually impossible to dodge.
There are a few ways to take on Dexiduous, but all of them are commonly based around maintaining a safe distance from him. This can be somewhat hard to achieve since he walks a lot faster than the Vault Hunters, but with some distractions it should be possible to stay far enough to completely dodge his corrosive projectiles.
The safest and easiest way to kill Dexiduous, is using a corrosive fan boat. This is an effective way of fighting him, as the vehicle is fast enough to dodge all of his attacks. Using corrosive is important, as the flamethrower variant of the fan boat has very limited range, and Dexiduous is invulnerable to shock. While the boat's agility and corrosive launcher provide clear benefits, the fan boat's machine gun has very low accuracy, making this weapon a marginal addition to the fight. In multi-player, it is easier for only one player to use the fan boat, with everyone else at a safe distance from Dexiduous providing support, preferably with the other fan boat close by, just in case the one in use is destroyed.
The most effective way to deal damage to Dexiduous is to destroy his critical hit locations. Due to him swaying a lot and occasionally lowering his head, it can be hard to hit the critical points, especially with snipers or other slow-firing weapons, so one method is to use full automatic weapons to spray bullets over those areas. Another is to try and snipe them. Zer0 has the distinct advantage in this with Vel0city and Precisi0n, allowing for much more accurate shots. When doing this it is advisable to take a high critical hit damage sniper and Amplify Shield to maximize the damage that can be dealt to a single critical hit location in one blow. Using elemental damage ensures that he still takes damage even if the shot misses the critical hit location.
There are also several respawning drifters in the area, which could be kept alive and then used as a rally when in Fight For Your Life mode. Other than that, some camps of savages are in the area, though it could be more risky to get their attention.
- Dexiduous the Invincible has a chance to drop the CHOPPER.
- Dexiduous the Invincible has a chance to drop a random seraph weapon.
- Despite being a Raid Boss added in a DLC, Dexiduous is not a Seraph Guardian, and does not drop Seraph Crystals.
- Despite being a raid boss, Dexiduous can be spawned at the start of the campaign without the need to complete the story missions.
- In True Vault Hunter Mode, Dexiduous has the highest amount of health at 13,531,501,570 HP.