Dr. Ned was once a successful mad scientist with a particular expertise in the medical discipline of making flesh eating zombies. He later perished and joined the ranks of the undead himself, only to be destroyed soon after.
Staying dead proved to be something of an obstacle for Dr. Ned, as Pandora later experienced a claptrap uprising and the revolutionaries needed meat shields with a bit of staying power to further the cause. Better yet, Ned came with a proven track record of exhibiting murderous intent, even when stone cold dead.
Dr. Ned-Trap is a mission-specific boss who appears as part of Operation Trap Claptrap Trap, Phase Two: Industrial Revolution. He rolls out of a large, dull orange waste container before the ramp leading up to the inner factory and must be fought in order to proceed further with the mission.
- "Dammit, Claptrap, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic."
- "After I kill you, can I keep your eyeballs? You know, for science."
- "Braaains! Braai- er... Processors! Prooscessorrrsss!"
- "It's not malpractice if I bring ya back later."
- "Look out. There's a thing there!"
- "My bad."
- "The Doctor is in...your face!"
- "The Hippocratic Oath is for pussies!!!"
- "This visit ain't covered by your HMO."
- "Time for your check-up."
- "Ya can't kill what's already dead!"
- "You look like you could use a doctor..."
- "Get me a medkit! Or at least some duct tape!"
- "I'm vulnerable! Why'd I say that out loud?!"
- "I need a doctor! The irony!"
- "My shields are down!"
- "Pour alcohol on the wound. Also in my mouth."
- "Watch it!"
- Depleted shield
- "Gonna need a shield recharge."
- "Control Alt Delete!"
- "I'll be back."
- "Nothing stays dead forever."
- "Tell my brother I'm better looking than he is."
- "You can't keep a dead doc down for long. Viva La Robolution!"
- Dr. Ned-Trap can be found wielding SMGs and combat rifles of up to legendary quality.
- Dr. Ned-Trap is a respawning boss.
- "Dammit, Claptrap, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!" Is a reference to Star Trek, specifically the character Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy, whose most famous line is, "I'm a doctor, not a ______!"