Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kills ghosts, apparently. – Special element, all parts fixed, incredibly high continuous damage bonus. No movement speed penalty when aiming down sights.
Usage & Description
The E-Gun is a unique weapon in several regards. An obvious difference between it and other beams is that it is non-elemental. This makes it the only laser weapon known to benefit from bonuses affecting non-elemental damage. Additionally, a situational-yet-important effect of the E-Gun is that it is the only weapon capable of damaging the ghosts encountered during the Sub-Level 13 mission.
However, it forfeits several defining traits of Maliwan weapons for its gimmick of being a non-elemental laser weapon, and its damage is resisted by shields. On top of this, non-elemental bonuses are uncommon in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, further pulling its value into question.
- Vault Hunters receive a mission weapon version of this while Sub-Level 13: Part 2 is active.
- A permanent version of the gun is awarded if the mission is turned in to Schmidt by using the inverter to repair the fast travel station.
- The E-GUN spawns with all parts fixed, consisting of a Maliwan body, Dahl barrel and stock, Tediore grip, no sight and a unique effect that allows this weapon to defeat ghosts.
- Even though it spawns with a Dahl barrel, it behaves as though it spawned with a Maliwan barrel.
- Showdown greatly reduces the E-Gun's strong recoil.
- Despite the fact that the E-GUN is non-elemental, its beam is resisted by both shields and armor.
- This could be due to the fact that it is actually an incendiary beam re-colored to be non-elemental, but stripped of any other traits for a fire weapon (i.e. ignite enemies).
- It can be considered as a special incendiary gun which does extra damage instead of ignite enemy. Damage coefficients is same as Incendiary. Real base damage is always 14% higher than listed. For example, in Normal mode, Lvl 50 E-GUN with base damage 1717 shoot flesh enemy would get 1717 * 150% * 114% = 2936.
- It doesn't benefit from any elemental bonus damage (such as Athena's Maelstrom), yet it doesn't count as non-elemental damage (wont trigger Nisha's Magnificent Six or Hot Lead). On the other hand, it doesn't take reduced damage from enemy fire resistance or non-elemental resistance.
- When the E-GUN is swapped to any other guns, Jack's Sponsored By skill will treat it as a non-elemental Maliwan weapon. It will add 25% non-elemental damage to the current gun (1x damage to flesh and shield, 0.8x damage to armor in True Value Hunter Mode).
- E-GUN works with Nisha's The Unforgiven skill and triggers explosions at the end of Showdown. The beam will not, however, ricochet from enemy to enemy.
- E-GUN does not work with Nisha's Hot Lead skill, because of the fact that this is the only non-elemental beam and the elemental-behaviours are still present on the weapon.
- The line, 'Kills ghosts, apparently', is added as one of the bullet points on the gun, adding it as a actual bonus use of this weapon, even with the fact that once Sub Level-13 is completed, there are no more 'ghosts' in the entire game.
- The E-GUN is a reference to Ghostbusters:
- It is a continuous orange beam weapon that is very effective against ghosts, similar to that of the proton pack from the Ghostbusters film.
- E-GUN name bears resemblance to "Dr. Egon Spengler", the creator of the proton pack
- It is branded with a No symbol, reminiscent of the Ghostbusters logo of similar design
- The E-GUN is the only Maliwan weapon without an element.