EXP Loaders (pronounced "exploders") are Hyperion robots that function as suicide bombers.
- Main article: Things That Go Boom
- Borderlands 2
- Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty
- Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
When they get within range of a target, they raise their power core, break into a run, and attempt to close distance with the target. When they reach the target they stand still and emit a large, distinctive pulse before exploding; however potential victims can avoid the detonation simply by walking backwards from the loader. They are substantially less durable than other loaders, and have critical hit points on all four limbs and the power core, once it is exposed. EXP Loaders always explode when destroyed, regardless of whether or not their power core is raised. Shooting the leg is preferred over the arm due to their close range attack nature, although an EXP loader crippled in this manner can still pose a threat by crawling along the ground. EXP Loaders cannot be repaired by surveyors.
- Destroying an EXP Loader contributes to the Load and Lock challenge in the Enemies challenge list.