CleanupTo meet Borderlands quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving, spell-checking and/or trimming the article.
"In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals..."
|Game||Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty|
|Special Part(s): |
Possible Spawn Part:
The Evolution is a Seraph Adaptive Shield manufactured by Anshin. The Evolution can be obtained as a drop from Hyperius the Invincible in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode or it can be purchased at the Seraph Vendor in Oasis (in Normal and True Vault Hunter modes only).
Strength through adversity. – Adds health regeneration. Taking shield damage increases health regeneration rate. High elemental damage resistance bonus. Increases max health.
Usage & Description
The Evolution has a low capacity, albeit higher than its cousin, the Neogenator. Its true strength lies in its tremendous elemental damage resistance, maximum health bonus, and powerful regeneration that is further improved by taking shield damage. It tends to have a very short recharge delay, allowing a wearer under heavy fire to more frequently take shield damage to increase health regeneration.
- In Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, the Evolution cannot be found for sale by the Seraph Vendor, and can only be dropped by Hyperius the Invincible.
- The shield's effects make it especially useful to Gunzerkers, as their fighting style often results in them getting hit so much that their shields can't regenerate.
- The flavour text is a reference to the book "The Wave", which has the slogan "Strength through discipline. Strength through community. Strength through action."
- There is a bug where the shield may not display a sell price. If sold, it will provide funds to the character, but it won't appear on the buyback option of the vendor machines.
- Another bug exists which causes the item card to not display the maximum health bonus.