CleanupTo meet Borderlands quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving, spell-checking and/or trimming the article.
"In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals..."
|Game||Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty|
|Special Part(s): |
Possible Spawn Part:
The Evolution is a Seraph Adaptive Shield manufactured by Anshin. The Evolution can only obtained from trading with the Seraph Vendor in Oasis or as a rare drop from Hyperius the Invincible and Master Gee the Invincible.
Strength through adversity. – Adds health regeneration. Taking shield damage increases health regeneration rate. High Elemental Resistance bonus. Increases Max health.
Usage & Description
Use can be compared to a Neogenator although there are some differences in performance. The Evolution has very high capacity balanced with a slower recharge rate and higher recharge delay. The higher capacity gives it more regeneration per-recharge, providing more protection and health restoration when reviving from a second wind. Generally, a full capacity Evolution will be more likely to protect from health damage and regenerate for longer, but will be more difficult to recharge during combat.
- These effects make this shield especially useful to Gunzerkers, as their fighting style often results in them getting hit so much that their shields can't re-generate, so the boosted health stats and health regeneration that increase as the shield takes damage and is destroyed make it a fine choice.
- The flavour text may be a reference to the book "The Wave", which has the slogan "Strength through discipline. Strength through community. Strength through action."
- The shield can be very effective with the Commando's Quick Charge skill, as the shield will constantly regenerate for a few seconds, giving you constant health regeneration. The speed of the health regeneration will also be increased by result of taking more damage to the shield.
This bugs are currently under investigation, please check talk page if you have a variant of this shield.
- The shield may not display a sell price. If sold, it will provide funds to the character, but it won't appear on the buyback option of the vendor machines. It's advised to put special care when having one on the inventory or equipped, because accidentally selling it means it'll be permanently lost.
- There is a display bug with the Evolution shield. If viewed in the shop, in a trade or on the ground it may have a recharge delay of "0.00" for all non host players in the lobby. However, when in the inventory the correct recharge delay will display. This has been fixed since patch 1.5.0.