A Fable no more
|Special Part(s): |
|[Fabled Tortoise Variants]|
The Fabled Tortoise is a legendary Turtle Shield manufactured by Pangolin. Fabled Tortoise is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Blue located in Caustic Caverns.
Special Weapon Effects
Win by a hare – Very high shield capacity, but reduced movement speed while active. Movement speed is increased beyond normal upon shield depletion. Greatly reduced health.
- Effects that increase shield capacity based on a percent do not seem to add capacity based on the displayed amount. It is possible that most of the capacity is not counted because it is added by the legendary effect and only the "natural" capacity is used in most cases.
- Wearers always have one of these movement speed effects:
- While shield is depleted (current capacity at 0 or below), running speed is increased to about 150% of normal.
- While shield is active (current capacity at 1 or above), running speed is reduced to roughly half of the normal speed.
- The Fabled Tortoise can spawn with a Torgue capacitor, granting the Blast-Proof prefix and explosive damage reduction to its wearer. It cannot spawn with any elemental immunities.
- The shield's reduced health characteristic is removed from its item card, although the health penalty is nevertheless applied.
- Any Overpowered (greater than level 72) variant of the Fabled Tortoise is undesirable for most, as the shield's inherent health penalty may reduce the wearer's maximum health to one. Though this will not directly kill the wearer, any damage taken able to penetrate the shield will put the character into Fight For Your Life, because health gate will not activate.
- When using a COM that decreases shield capacity by an amount greater than the shield capacity, you will always have the movement speed increase provided by the shield.
- The flavor text references the Aesop's Fable The Tortoise and the Hare, a story of a race between a tortoise and a hare; the tortoise wins the race even though he is slower because he is able to stay on task while the hare is distracted.