The weapon is a lie.
|Element:||Shock, Incendiary, Corrosive, Slag or None|
|Game:||Borderlands 2 |
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
|Mission Reward:||A Real Boy: Human|
|Special Part(s): |
Special Weapon Effects
Would I lie to you? – All figures shown on weapon card are false. The Fibber's real stats are highly variable.
The Fibber has 3 unique barrels.
- The first barrel shoots bullets that are comprised of pellets similar to a shotgun, traveling with low velocity.
- The second barrel shoots bullets that shatter upon impact or ricocheting off walls, creating pellets. The bullets bounce off walls if they fail to hit anything. The bullets travel with the same velocity as normal pistols' bullets.
- Due to how the skill only affects the initial project pre-shatter, when the shatter effect and Gaige's Close Enough skill occur at the same time, the ricocheted "homing" pellets will do 100% damage, thus ignoring the -50% bullet damage penalty from Gaige's skill. This makes that version of the Fibber truly game breaking, as it will receive the full +1050% gun damage from 600 stacks of Anarchy, even when mindlessly shooting at anything.
- Due to the lack of a yellow multiplier to the damage, each of the 9 ricocheted bullets will receive the full bonus of amplify shields. With The Bee, this variant gains extreme potency due to the "damage per ammo"-ratio, and its rate of fire.
- The third barrel shoots bullets in an arc. Bullets also ricochet if it hits walls, etc. This fibber has a bonus of 700% critical damage that is not displayed on the weapon card.
- A hotfix on 10/23/13 increased the magazine size and accuracy recovery of the Fibber and all other Hyperion pistols as part of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt.
- The Fibber is one of four weapons in Borderlands 2 to have unique white flavor text, with the other three being the Mongol, The Cradle, and the Unforgiven.
- For some reason, the Fibber looks as if it is colored light purple while in the player's loadout screen as well as when the player is a certain distance away from it when dropped, despite it being clearly red while being held. This is most likely due to it's red and blue colour scheme appearing purple from a distance.