The weapon is a lie.
|Element:||Shock, Incendiary, Corrosive, Slag or None|
|Special Part(s): |
Special Weapon Effects
Would I lie to you? – All figures shown on weapon card are false. Weapon's real stats are highly variable.
Observed effects include:
- Shots with parabolic drop-off. Projectiles impact the ground then bounce away from the shooter.
- Enormously high critical damage.
- Rounds slowing down if more than one is fired.
- Firing a 5 or 7 pellet spread that travels at ~25% speed and passes through enemies.
- Projectiles that ricochet after impact, with any enemy or surface, into 9 pellets in a circular pattern and may cause bonus damage after ricochet.
Any of the above shot behaviors can be modified by the typical Hyperion prefixes "redundant" and "dynamic." In general, a Fibber will have some means of inflicting high damage. Stats for any given Fibber are constant and do not change after it has been generated.
The Fibber has 3 unique barrels.
- The first barrel shoots bullets that are comprised of pellets similar to a shotgun, traveling with low velocity.
- The second barrel shoots bullets that shatter upon impact or ricocheting off walls, creating pellets. The bullets bounce off walls if they fail to hit anything. The bullets travel with the same velocity as normal pistols' bullets.
- For some reason, when the shatter effect and Gaige's Close Enough skill occur at the same time, the ricocheted "homing" pellets will do 100% damage, thus ignoring the -50% bullet damage penalty from Gaige's skill. This makes that version of the Fibber truly game breaking, as it will receive the full +1050% gun damage from 600 stacks of anarchy, even when mindlessly shooting at anything.
- Due to the lack of a yellow multiplier to the damage, each of the 9 ricocheted bullets will receive the full bonus of amplify shields. Especially with The Bee this variant becomes one of the most powerful weapons in the game, due to the "damage per ammo"-ratio, its rate of fire and the fact that the player needn't aim properly.
- The third barrel shoots bullets in an arc, similar to the Tinderbox. Bullets also ricochet if it hits walls, etc. This fibber has a bonus of 700% critical damage that is not displayed on the weapon card.
- A hotfix on 10/23/13 increased the magazine size and accuracy recovery of the Fibber and all other Hyperion pistols as part of the Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt.
- The Fibber is one of four weapons in Borderlands 2 to have unique white flavor text, with the other three being the Mongol, The Cradle, and the Unforgiven.