Alkaline Flyin' Maiden
|Game:||Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel|
|[Flyin' Maiden Variants]|
I laugh as I'm watching you bleed. – Launches corrosive homing spikes when damaged with bullets, and deals corrosive spike damage to melee attackers.
Usage & Description
Against melee attackers, the Flyin' Maiden operates as a standard corrosive-element Spike Shield. When struck by a bullet, however, the Flyin' Maiden launches a homing spike which will initially aim at the attacker. The spike has a low projectile velocity, a broad turning radius, and travels initially in a slight arc directly toward the target. If the target is too close, the spike may fail to track it, traveling fruitlessly in a broad circle until it exhausts its range. Hard cover in front of the target will also block the spike. If a closer target presents itself during the spike's arc, the spike may change course to track that alternate target instead.
- Launched spikes (but not melee spikes) deal elemental splash damage, and are buffed by grenade damage bonuses.
- A launched spike that detonates at close range can damage the wearer of the shield. This may happen when the shield is struck by a bullet while the wearer is engaging a melee opponent.
- The Flyin' Maiden can spawn with a Maliwan capacitor, granting the "Alkaline" prefix and corrosive immunity to its wearer. It cannot spawn with resistance against any other element.
- Currently because of a bug, this shield can not drop legitimately and is obtainable only using save editors.
- The Flyin' Maiden is a variant of the Impaler from Borderlands 2.
- "Flyin' Maiden" is a reference to the band Iron Maiden, while the red texts references the lyrics "He laughs as he's watching you bleed" from their song "Killers."