I recently started getting some crazy error messages that i have no idea what they mean and i've decided i need some help. here are the errors.
can anyone plz inform me on how to fix this. 04:23, January 31, 2012 (UTC)
- the same (first error message only) happened to me, a ways back, though, so I won't be of much help. if memory serves it came of having some aspect of 3pdlc improperly installed. my fix was to scrub away any 3pdlc files, uninstall every extraneous file, and start over. when I reinstalled I simply took my time and fit every peg in the right-shaped hole. bon venture. 05:17, January 31, 2012 (UTC)
- It means you put a file called Mapslots3.umap inside your "CookedPC" directory. This is creating a conflict, because that map is already a part of "The Oasis", and the file is located at "CookedPC\Maps\MapSlots\Mapslots3.umap". To install the map correctly, you are supposed to overwrite the file inside the oasis' "MapSlots" directory, and not just dump it in your "CookedPC".
- Good luck. happypal (talk • contribs) 14:28, January 31, 2012 (UTC)
this is true. all 3pdlc goes into mapslots or dlc folders. no loose maps in cooked.17:32, January 31, 2012 (UTC)
- my mapslot3 is in the mapslots folder but it still comes up, it is quite annoying. 22:37, January 31, 2012 (UTC)
do oyu have another, elsewhere?01:11, February 1, 2012 (UTC)
- no, not in the BL install directory but i do have it elsweyr (lol, elder scrolls reference) on my PC. 02:58, February 1, 2012 (UTC)
i posted the question/pic in regards to the editor because i want to help w/ the creation of some of the weapons in the NLWI's. 23:03, February 15, 2012 (UTC)
Have you tried backing up everything for a fresh install?--07:44, February 26, 2012 (UTC)
- I do have a bakup from just after the install, but i can't do a fresh re-install coz i'm outta net (pre-paid mobile broadband) at home and i ain't got the money to recharge (unless there's some kinda way to get the install to skip the securom and product activation screens). 01:36, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
Securom?!? I didn't know Borderlands has such a thing O_O...Do you have the disk version or something?--02:30, February 27, 2012 (UTC)time to get steam
- yeah, i do have the disc version (can't do steam coz as i said, im running on pre-paid mobile broadband and ain't got the money to recharge). 01:02, February 29, 2012 (UTC)