Just playing my Borderlands, making another new Berserker (I'm up to about 5 different ones at this point), when I killed Baron Flynt and ended up finding a Friendly Fire instead of a Boom Stick, but at first I thought it was me being careless and not having found it. It ended up being a Friendly Fire with the Boom Stick traits and, most odd of all, a X1 Incendiary on it of all things. Got a few pics, but no way to upload them sadly. Maybe this should be added to the weapon pages for Boom Stick and Friendly Fire? RunningAndScreaming (talk) 23:34, September 4, 2012 (UTC)RunningAndScreaming
I too have found one of those from him. Posted about it here just like you did as well. I was kinda shocked when he dropped it because it was my 6th playthrough and i had never seen it before then. 02:39, September 5, 2012 (UTC)
- it is already mentioned on the Boom Stick page (notes) . 02:46, September 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, mine isn't unprefixed. Actually, it says Friendly Fire on it perfectly fine. Still not quite sure about the x1 Incendiary on mine though. It's just a bit... You know, off, considering all the other Friendly Fires I've found range from x2 to x4. Anyone else with a Smiling Boom Stick have x1, or is it just me? RunningAndScreaming (talk) 02:52, September 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Why can't you upload the pic? Can't or Don't Know? I'd be real interested in seeing it. PS: The reason the multiplier is x1 is because all Carnages have 0 tech, reducing the multiplier to x1 (regardless of the friendly fire). Also, while the card claims fire, you (should) notice that the weapon actually glows yellow and delivers explosive damage. Finally, regarding the name. We don't have conclusive evidence that the weapon can't be prefixed. happypal (talk • contribs) 06:20, September 5, 2012 (UTC)
- I just uploaded it to photobucket. The computer's card reader was being testy, so I used my usb one instead. Considering that I got a fully prefixed Friendly Fire Boom Stick, I'm thinking about testing to see if I can get a prefixed Ajax's Spear Ogre sooner or later, but probably after I finish maxing out this Berzerker I'm making.
- RunningAndScreaming (talk) 21:19, September 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, I guess sometimes they also spawn with the prefix. Not much else to say actually. It is not like there is a hard rule or anything, we just see and notice. In particular with the "Fire's" special "Friendly" prefix, who knows how the rules clash: "Unique Weapons: No prefixes" "Torgue Fire: Always friendly". I'll make an update to the page I guess. happypal (talk • contribs) 21:42, September 5, 2012 (UTC)