Rollbackers, Gentlemen, Prinnies, Razzles, Vegetables, Donkeysaliva, Obesefolk, and UC's alike. I have a new
project projects for the wiki...
There are many unused photos http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Special:UnusedFiles, here. I need a few plucky members to go through them and either tag them for deletion, or use them in an article based on the following criteria:
- An image being useful will be left up to the individual user seeing it. If it's useful, it should be used in an article upon discovery.
- If an image is above 1MB in size, and not useful, tag it for deletion.
- If an image is flat out not useful, also tag it for deletion.
- If an image is ABOVE 1MB in size, but deemed useful, resize it to under a MB and then use it in an article. MS paint would be fine.
The next order of business Myself, Happypal , Veggienater , BestRobot and Ricey have been working on, but I feel as though it's developed into something worth wiki-wide attention. The Usage & Description sections need to be added, completed, and revised for ALL weapons articles on the wiki. Some general guidelines...
- "Usage & Description"...in that order please. Other way doesn't roll off the tongue as well.
- As always, and per wiki policy. (Bought to my attention by BestRobot) Don't use personal pronouns when writing/editing U&D sections.
- Attempt to be sensible when writing a usage section. If YOU use an unorthodox strategy when utilizing a paticular gun, that doesn't mean that it will fit the average user's playstyle. (I.E, shotguns are to be used up close.)
- Refrain from referring to a specific class or skill or how a gun COULD be used if a certain skill had X number of points in it. It's GENERAL strategy. Stuff like this can be noted in a different section, under notes, for example.
Upon completion of these projects (They will be completed. I fully intend on seeing this through before my term as "Temp-op" comes to a close. I'll finish them myself if need be.)
Thank you for your cooperation,
- I'm guessing its safe to say that images from 2009 probably aren't going to be used again anytime soon.. I'll see what I can do in my spare time, since everything has been sporadic the past week. the semester is winding down 04:35, April 19, 2011 (UTC)
My contribution to the U&D was VERY minor. I actually only edited my favorite gun, the Anarchy (check it out everyone) shameless self plug. I have my hands full with work, looking for a house, and liaison work BUT I will check out what guns I can, when I can. As for the pics, I will at least clean up my own soon. 09:18, April 19, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for the help people. I'll start today on the images and then alternate between doing that and the U&D sections. Love all of you. Except you, robot. You're incapable of that sort of thing.You're just cold and dead on the inside. Because you're a robot. And robots are incapable of feeling emotion. I don't care how well your emotion emulation program fools the others. You won't get me. 11:14, April 19, 2011 (UTC)
also, what if they are being used on another site? KudlaMaster has a bunch of his photos featured on another site, should we just put them under USERNAME/pictures if they are being used elsewhere? 14:40, April 19, 2011 (UTC)
- Wikia is not a hosting service. That said, it doesn't mean we have to be dicks. All of his images are now referenced in user:KudlaMaster/Items. Carry On. happypal (talk • contribs • inventory) 14:54, April 19, 2011 (UTC)
Other things to do while editing Edit
When you are editing a page, if possible, please also do these minor tasks:
- A few weapons are still missing navigation templates. Please add them when you see they are missing: .
- Remove the empty lines between the infobox_weapon, and the first paragraph: They add useless empty space, and put bad formatting on the page: "before" "after" "diff".