Is there a way of capturing screen shots &/or video from PS3 gameplay? I'd appreciate any help on the subject - even if it's to say I'm backing the wrong horse.
tempus edax rerum 01:51, July 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Any digital camera will do. Simply take as clear a pic as you can and then download to your PC. then upload to the Wiki using the edit page. Just make sure to use the pic on your own pages or put them in the proper tables of the items talk page. Also remember to categorize the pic after uploading it to the wiki. If you require further help, feel free to ask. -- 03:11, July 4, 2012 (UTC)
- ~Doh! I confess that idea had not occured to me - ain't it always easy when ya know how?
- tempus edax rerum
- Tried plugging the PS3 video into the TV card on my PC - mixed results, a work-in-progress...
- While rummaging in a box for the PS3 video lead I found a wee gadget I bought on eBay & forgot about. It's a USB Video capture dongle for PC - I'll get back to ya on that.
- 05:31, July 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Knock me down & call me Shorty, it works. Quality is not HD, It's composite video (the yellow connector). As a comparison, I dusted off my old VHS (yes, a long time ago, stuff used to get recorded on magnetic tape) - no changes, but the software came with it spruced the quality no-end. From the PS3 & Xbox, without any edit or tweak, it's TV(Pal SD 576x720) video quality. Sound was a tad scratchy I thought, not sure if that was the connectors, or the nearness to other equipment - I can't be arsed to find out. One thing I can say tho, when I tried to put the raw (analog) data on a popular video website so I could demonstrate, they picked up straight away the audio was copyrighted - go figure...
- 20:49, July 8, 2012 (UTC)