Remember to always keep smiling!
|Element:||Incendiary ×2 – ×4|
|Damage:||43 – 444|
|Accuracy:||11.7 – 68.2|
|Fire Rate:||1.0 – 1.5|
|Magazine Capacity:||2 – 12|
|Special Part(s): acc5_Torgue_FriendlyFire|
Examples are on the talk page.
Special Weapon Effects
Have a nice day! – Incendiary x1 to x4. Spread pattern is a smiley.
Usage & Description
The Torgue Friendly Fire can have an unusually powerful elemental accessory for a shotgun, and fires in a fixed spread pattern. Although it won't proc often, it can still prove to be a rather deadly weapon. Because the Friendly Fire's spread pattern is fixed, ignore the high accuracy variants and instead, favor damage, fire rate and magazine size. The wider spread will prove useful for tightly packed groups of enemies at medium range, as opposed to up close and personal engagements.
- The spread pattern is fixed, and not affected by accuracy, but still affected by recoil.
- The Friendly Fire may also be found with a Carnage type barrel; allowing it to fire a single rocket instead of the normal nine pellets. However, the rocket will be explosive instead of incendiary.
- The weapon's actual title is simply "Fire". "Friendly" is a prefix that only (and systematically) appears on the Fire. It is the only legitimate prefix.
- The iconic smiley with the black ink smile and two oval dots for eyes inside of a black circle printed on a yellow background was created by freelance artist Harvey R. Ball in 1963 in an advertising campaign by The State Mutual Life Assurance Company of Worcester, Massachusetts, USA. Ball never copyrighted or trademarked the symbol resulting in its being in the public domain and modified by countless artists over the years. See Smiley.
- The red text and spread pattern may be a reference to the Bon Jovi song "Have A Nice Day" from the album "Have A Nice Day", which has a smile as album cover.
The Friendly effect comes from the acc5_Torgue_FriendlyFire accessory, which is based on acc5_Incendiary. Apart from the unique effect, it provides more tech, and doesn't reduce damage. For an explanation on how to interpret the information on the following table, please see the stat modifiers page.
|Accuracy Minimum: -300%|
Tech Level: +10
Tech Level: +6