Fyrestone is located in the Arid Badlands on Pandora. It is the first town encountered in the game; the bus seen in the opening cinematic drops off the newcomers just outside of the town gates. Dr. Zed - the first NPC to issue a mission - is the only encountered human resident of Fyrestone. The only other visible resident of Fyrestone is the Claptrap that initially acts as a guide to gain entry into Fyrestone.
Fyrestone was once a town predominantly housing Dahl's Pandoran mining force, but a rising bandit presence in the area caused the population to plummet from 273 down to a meagre 2. Graves litter the entrance to Fyrestone as testament to its fall from glory.
The town originally also had a mayor, but the title is now a hollow one; the last mayor of Fyrestone was murdered after a short stint in office, but many of his would-be successors had already fled or been killed, leaving the town leaderless.
Points of Interest
- Fresh Off The Bus
- The Doctor Is In
- Skags At The Gate
- Fix'er Upper
- Claptrap Rescue
- Blinding Nine-Toes
- Nine-Toes: Meet T.K. Baha
- Job Hunting
- Get A Little Blood On The Tires
- Hidden Journal: The Arid Badlands
- Sledge: Meet Shep
- The Legend Of Moe and Marley
- Circle Of Death: Meat And Greet
- Shock Crystal Harvest
- Scavenger: Sniper Rifle
- Insult To Injury
- Schemin' That Sabotage
- Find Bruce McClane
- Product Recall
- Leaving Fyrestone
- There is a Claptrap hiding above and behind the weapon store, within the rock formation. When spotted, he waves, but cannot actually be interacted with. This same Claptrap reappears in Borderlands 2, at the same location, but deactivated.
- After returning to that original New-U Station the yellow claptrap may follow Vault Hunters and become stuck after the wall leading into Fyrestone, shouting "I'm over here!" repeatedly.
- Thanks to a texture bug, it is possible to drive a runner inside Fyrestone as shown in the video below. This provides a marginal shortcut for completing some missions and reporting quickly to Fyrestone's bounty board by teleporting to the runner from any of Scooter's stations in Arid Badlands. By using the same bug again at the gate towards the bus stop, it is possible to get a car there.
- The New-U Station at the bus stop will allow fast travel to other locations but is not defined as a fast travel destination itself.
- Fyrestone was originally going to have a mechanic, an arms dealer, and a population of 86, but after many concept changes these numbers were reduced. Fyrestone's original population was 273. (See photos on the talk page)
- Fyrestone still stands in Borderlands 2. It is located in what is now known as the Arid Nexus - Badlands. Despite its state, it was preserved by Handsome Jack, who went so far as to rename it Jackville in order to highlight the original four Vault Hunters' failure to protect it.