Don't screw with a girl and her robot!
|Appearances||Borderlands 2 (1st DLC)|
|Voiced By||Cherami Leigh|
Gaige is a Mechromancer. She is the fifth playable class in Borderlands 2, First revealed at PAX East 2012. Gaige was added as post-release downloadable content released on October 9, 2012 for $9.99 USD / 800 Microsoft points / $14.40 AUS. Those who pre-ordered Borderlands 2 received the character free of charge. Her skill grants her the ability to control the D374-TP, or Deathtrap. She is also used as a marketing tool outside of Borderlands 2 where the character chats on Twitter and releases ECHO logs.
Gaige was a high school student from the planet Eden-5. She originally conceived Deathtrap, then called DT, as a science fair project to combat bullying. Her rival, Marcy Holloway, was a contestant in the science fair as well, and used her father's money to buy her way through the competition. Marcy apparently stole Gaige's DT designs and sold it to Eden-5's police force.
On the day of the science fair, Marcy's father bribed the judges, helping win her first place with a defective robot based on Deathtrap's blueprints. Gaige placed third. Marcy then shoved Gaige, causing Deathtrap to identify her as a hostile. Deathtrap attacked with its claws, causing her to explode due to a miscalibration by Gaige. Gaige was escorted to the principal's office, and faced expulsion and arrest for accidentally murdering her rival. She called her father to create a distraction to help her evade arrest, and bought a ticket to Pandora, where she stowed away on a train leading to Windshear Waste.
Gaige's skill tree features player challenge level variances. This would make her both the easiest and the most difficult character to play.
The default cooldown time to summon Deathtrap is 60 seconds.
Best Friends Forever
This tree focuses on the Action Skill Deathtrap and on supporting skills for yourself.
|Close Enough||1||5||Your bullets that hit walls or other objects have a 10% chance per level to ricochet toward a nearby enemy dealing 50% of it's usual damge|
|Cooking Up Trouble||1||5||While your gun's magazine is full you regenerate 0.4% of your Maximum health per second per level|
|Fancy Mathematics||2||5||Improves shield recharge delay by 14% and shield recharge rate by 12% per level based on how low your health is. The lower your health the greater the bonuses.|
|Buck Up||2||1||Deathtrap Ability. Deathtrap restores 30% shields of one ally.|
|The Better Half||2||5||When your magazine is half empty you gain a 12% fire rate bonus per level.|
|Potent as a Pony||3||5||+4% Maximum Health for you and +2% Maximum Health for Deathtrap per level.|
|Upshot Robot||3||1||While Deathtrap is active, if you or Deathtrap kill an enemy it increases Deathtrap's duration by 5s and grants both of you a stackable +4% melee damage bonus. Bonuses are lost when Deathtrap goes away.|
|Unstoppable Force||3||5||Killing an enemy grants you 7% bonus movement speed per level and causes your shield to regenerate 0.8% per second per level for a short while.|
|Explosive Clap||4||1||Deathtrap Ability. Deathtrap causes an explosion in front of him, dealing explosive damage to all nearby enemies.|
|Made of Sterner Stuff||4||5||You and Deathtrap gain 1% damage reduction per level against all damage types. Deathtrap gains +4% bonus melee damage per level.|
|20% Cooler||5||5||Increases the cooldown rate of your action skill by 6% each level.|
|Sharing is Caring||6||1||Grants a copy of your shield to Deathtrap.|
Little Big Trouble
This tree focuses on elemental effects and damage (mainly electrude).
|More Pep||1||5||Increases your chances of applying elemental Status Effects by 2% per level; 4% per level for Electrocute.|
|Myelin||1||5||Grants you 6% Resistance to Shock Damage per level. Also increases your Shield Capacity by 3% per level.|
|Shock Storm||2||5||Killing an enemy with a Critical Hit causes an Electric Storm, dealing Electrocute Damage to nearby enemies. Electrical Storms are also caused by Deathtrap whenever he kills an enemy.|
|The Stare||2||1||Deathtrap Ability. Deathtrap fires a laser beam and sweeps it across the battlefield, dealing Burn Damage and possibly Igniting enemies.|
|Strength of Five Gorillas||2||5||Increases Melee Damage for you and Deathtrap by 3% per level.|
|Electrical Burn||3||5||When your Electrocute Status Effects deal damage to enemies, there is a 4% chance per level they will burst into flames and take Burn Damage. The amount of Burn Damage is based on the Electrocute damage dealt.|
|Shock and "AAAGGGGHHH!"||3||1||Reloading your gun causes an Electrical Explosion, damaging nearby enemies.|
|Evil Enchantress||3||5||Kill Skill. Killing an enemy increases the Damage that your Burn, Electrocute, and Corrode status effects deal by 6% per level for a short period of time.|
|One Two Boom||4||1||Deathtrap Ability. Deathtrap shoots out an orb of energy at an enemy. If you shoot the orb it will explode, dealing massive Shock Damage to nearby enemies.|
|Wires Don't Talk||4||5||Increases all Shock and Electrocute Damage that you inflict by 3% per level.|
|Interspersed Outburst||5||5||Not shooting an enemy for a short time grants you a stack of Interspersed Outburst. The next time you shoot an enemy, all stacks of Interspersed Outburst are consumed and you deal Slag Damage. The more stacks are consumed, the greater the chance of slagging the target.|
|Make it Sparkle||6||1||Shooting Deathtrap with an elemental weapon charges him with that element, causing his melee attacks to deal additional damage of that element.|
This tree focuses on its passive skill Anarchy, which increases damage but decreases accuracy.
|Smaller, Lighter, Faster||1||4||Increases you reload speed by 6% per level but decreases your magazine size by 1% per level.|
|1||1|| Killing an enemy or fully emptying your gun's magazine while in combat grants you a stack of Anarchy. For every stack of Anarchy you have, you gain bonus gun damage, but your accuracy is decreased. Prematurely reloading your guns removes all stacks of Anarchy. Anarchy stacks are quickly lost while in "Fight for Your Life."
|Preshrunk Cyberpunk||2||5||Increases the maximum number of Anarchy stacks you can have by 50 per level.|
|Robot Rampage||2||1||Deathtrap Ability. Deathtrap lashes out with a flurry of attacks.|
|Blood Soaked Shields||2||5||Killing an enemy immediately restores 20% of your shields per level, but you lose 1% of your health per level.|
|Annoyed Android||3||5||Increases the movement speed of Deathtrap by 7% per level.|
|Discord||3||1||Prematurely reloading activates Discord granting you +65% accuracy, +25% fire rate, and 3% per second health regeneration. You constantly lose Anarchy stacks while Discord is active. Discord can be shut off by prematurely reloading again.|
|Typecast Iconoclast||3||5||Whenever you get a stack of Anarchy there is a 6% chance per level you get an additional stack.|
|Rational Anarchist||4||1||If you have 0 stacks of Anarchy, then the next time you would gain an Anarchy stack you instead gain 25.|
|Death From Above||4||5||Shooting an enemy while in mid-air consumes stacks of Anarchy and causes a Digi-splosion, damaging nearby enemies.|
|The Nth Degree||5||5||Every Nth bullet that hits an enemy will ricochet toward another nearby enemy.|
|With Claws||6||1||Melee Override Skill. While you have a stack of Anarchy, melee to digistruct claws and swipe twice at an enemy, dealing damage based on the number of Anarchy stacks you currently have (+0.6% per stack) and restoring health. The lower your health the more health you gain. This attack consumes an Anarchy stack.|
When joining a game
- I say MECHRO, you say MANCER. MECHRO! (no reply) ...You guys suck!
- It's cool everybody. I'm here...
- Anybody have some mechros they need manced?
- We made it boy! Lets have some fun.
When reviving an ally
- Am I a hero... or something?
- Live! LIVE!
- Argh... How much do you weigh?
- Cover me brah!
- Worry not citizen, I'll save you.
- Come on, noob! Nah, I'm just playin', you're cool...
- Wow! You work out?
- Noob! (said in two tones)
- I am such a B.A.
- Crit-i-cal kill!
- Hehe, Just how I do?
- Don't screw with a girl and her robot!
- Nice one, boy!
- You're bringing a tear to my eye...
- Robot: One! Uglies: Zerooo!
- Best robot ever.
- Oooh. Right in the wingnut.
- Ha ha!
- Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
- Love ya, bot.
- Respect the robot!
- I need to build you an extra arm JUST for high-fives!
- Hell yes! I can't believe you only got third place in the science fair.
- I am the strongest girl alive! (Also said for Anarchy stack gains)(Also said during general combat and in two different tones)
- I am the greatest engineer alive!
- You are a mean machine!
- Good one, babe!
Getting an Anarchy Stack
- Eh, accuracy's overrated anyway.
- I'm feeling awesomer.
- This could be the beginning of something awesome.
- Not a bad start.
- Start the Anarchy!
- Start the stacking!
- This is getting good.
- Wonder how many stacks I can get.
- Alright, lets keep this going.
- (mumbling) It's a start...
- Alright, more Anarchy!
- Anarchy forever!
- Lets keep it up.
- If I hit ya, you're going to feel it.
- (Giggles) (Does it three different ways depending on the stack count.)
- I'm feeling it!
- Not bad, not bad.
- I'll have some more Anarchy, thank you!
- Anarchy up!
- More stacks!
- Anarchy, baby!
- This is getting awesome!
- Come at me jokers!
- Anarchy on Pandora!
- (laughs) Everything's going to die!
- So inaccurate but so awesome!
- More Anarchy, more!
- Don't accidentally reload, don't accidentally reload!
- I'm getting phat stacks.
- Stack 'em up, stack 'em up!
- This is getting ridiculous!
- My hit to miss ratio is sadness!
- Smash the system!
- Anarchy! (Says it two different ways depending on the stack count)
- I am the strongest girl alive!
- You can't stop me!
- More power!
- Don't stop now!
- Gimme more Anarchy!
- Stack 'em and bag 'em!
- I'm getting a god complex and I LIKE IT!
- Punk never dies!
- Meedly-meedly-mowwww...I know, I'm so bad at this.
- Accuracy can suck it!
- Never-ending stacks!
- (Evil laugh)
- When I hit you, IT WILL HURT!
- So many stacks!
- The power!
- I think my reload button's broken!
- UNLIMITED POWER!
- I am the bringer of death!
- I'm going mildly insane!
- God damn, I am so hardcore!
- I feel the cosmos!
- I WILL NEVER HIT ANYTHING!
- I am everything!
- I probably won't hit anything but whatever!
- Start running, clowns!
- Mechromancer angry!
- I will destroy everything!
- I deal DEATH!
- ROCK ON!
- Why am I still doing this?!
- It's getting really hard to hit stuff!
- If I go down, I'm screwed!
- I am stupid powerful!
- I AM THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA!
- Meedly-meedly-meedly-mowwww... Nope, still bad! That was worse, I think.
- Yes! YESSS!
- SO MUCH STACKS!
- The stacks... THE STACKS!
- Sure! Why not!
- EVIL MANIACAL LAUGHTER!
- Lets get it on!
- I AM THE INFINITE!
- I GOT THE TEAM ON MY BACK!
- This is actually stupid now!
- I will miss almost every shot, and I don't care!
- I regret nothing!
- YEAH BOY!
- ALLEN WRITE SOME DIALOGUE HERE!
- PLAYER? WHAT! ARE! YOU! DOING?!
- How is this possible?!
- Too many stacks!
- I have like negative accuracy right now!
- You're breaking the game, dude!
- God help you all if I actually HIT something!
- I AM THE GOD OF DAMAGE!
- I don't even remember what accuracy MEANS!
- ANARCHY FOREVERRRR!!! AND EVERRRR!!!
- yes! YES!
Losing all Anarchy Stacks
- NooooooooooOOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOoooooo. (Drags on until all anarchy stacks are depleted.)
- Ugh... What was I thinking?!
- Wait -- Did I just?! -- Ugh... Dang it!
- Son of a whore!
- Oh, now I can actually hit stuff again.
- Back to zero.
- Let's start at the very beginning.
- Time for a hard reset!
- Accuracy, how I've missed you!
- I feel normal again.
- AAAAAND normal.
- Starting over.
- Aw crap!
- My anarchy!
- I lost my anarchy! This is like the worst day ever!
- Where'd my anarchy go?
- Not my anarchy!
- I miss you already anarchy.
- Come on! I can take ya!
- This is nothing! I've done worse to myself!
- I am gonna smack the bitch outta you!
- I can fix this!
- Okay now I'm mad!
- Come closer jerkwads! I've got something to show ya'!
- Okay playtime's over.
- You're not gonna like what happens now.
- Open wide, jackholes!
When Recovering [Kill Revive]
- Don't mess with me!
- I LIVE!
- What'd I tell you, suckers?
- Up and running!
- Now you're gonna get it!
- You ain't gankin' me that easy.
Hitting an enemy with a vehicle
- Oh, I love you, car!
Destroying an enemy vehicle
- Your car sucked!
- Haha! Yes!
- Oh, I love you, car!
Jumping in a vehicle
- Ohooohoho maaaan.
- Multi-Kill kill kill! (all UT quotes are said with low voice, immitating the announcer)
- M-M-M-Monster Kill kill kill! (when killing enemies in rapid succession, about 6)
- Unstoppable! (getting many, many kills)
- That's right, fear the cute little girl!
- HA HA HA HA HA (low voice)(getting kills in rapid sucession with melee)
- hahaha hehehe huhuhu (very similar to midgets laugh)(killing enemies in rapid succession)
- Mechromancer smash! (Hulk-like voice, killing enemies in rapid sucession)
When Spotting a Badass
- Found a badass.
- He's angry, incoming!
- Nice, badass!
- Its big and angry!.. Incoming!
Killing a Badass
- You didn't have to be such a dick about it.
- I AM A BADASS!
- I AM AMAZING!
- What? That was it? (Killing a badass quickly)
- Aaaaaaaand, dead.
- Oh, that was close. No it wasn't!
- Sorry about your face!
- Ugh, I've got some brain on my shoes. *Sniff* I like it.
- Level up!
- Ready for an upgrade, bot?
- I feel more awesome!
- Friggin yeah!
Opening Skill Tree
- So much hotness.
- Deathtrap wants an upgrade? Deathtrap gets an upgrade!
- I want that. And that. And that.
- What do I want to kick ass at next?
- That Anarchy one looks tricky...
- Ohh, I just want you all!
- Ohh, I'm likin' my options.
- Oh, I love comparin' loot!
- Numbers, numbers, math math math.
- Oh, I wanna use 'em both!
- Show me some green arrows.
Opening a Golden Chest
- Not bad!
Finding Blue Weapons
- Shh. Don't worry baby. I'll take good care of you.
- What's your name, sexy?
Finding Purple Weapons
- I want it! (Also applies to blue weapons)
- Why, hello there.
Completing a Challenge
- Rock and roll.
- Yeah. I'm pretty good.
- The completionist in me is like YEEAAAH!
Challenging another player to a duel
- Your face is stupid.
- Me and robot are gonna bitch smack ya!
- Let's dance!
- Come on! It'll be fun!
- Snik snik, bitches! (Challenging With Claws)
Being challenged by another player
- Somebody hit me with their purse?
- Third place. Third place! I built a robot that can turn human beings into jelly with the push of a button and that what's-his-face gives me THIRD PLACE! in the planet-wide science fair. At least around here people appreciate my talents.
- If I don't shoot, repair, or screw something in the next few minutes, we're gonna have a problem.
- Urgh, this is dull!
- I wanna go do stuff!
- (Beatboxing Sounds) Bored Bored Bored.
- Oh God! It smells like piss and nachos!
- It's in my mouth, umm you guys, it's in my mouth!
- Ew.. ew ew ew ew.
With Handsome Jack's voice
- Testing? Testing one two? One two. And now I have the voice of a douchebag. Great. (In her normal voice)
- I am the greatest engineer alive! (Deathtrap kill)
- I need to build you an extra arm just for high-fives! (Deathtrap kill)
- Haha, now you're gonna get it! (Second Wind)
- Man, this whole "Speaking with the voice of an older man" thing is nowhere near as hot as I thought it would be. (Idle)
- Beatbox time! (Beatboxing sounds) I'm the Mechromancer and I'm here to say-Aw, screw it, it's just not the same! Freakin' Jack voice! (Idle)
- You know, maybe this voice ain't so bad. Hello, ladies- Oh god, creepycreepycreepy! Never doing that again! (Idle)
- This is some impressive workmanship!
- Shiny stuff!
- Nothing sexier than a chest full of loot!
- Up and RUNNING! (When recovering)
- Robot: one, Uglies: zero! (Deathtrap kill)
- Super robot violence fun time!
- Number five alive!
- I'm gonna slap the BITCH outta you!
- Hax! (When down)
When discovering Insta-Health Vials
- Anybody needs some healin'?
- Is that healin' stuff?
Fast travelling while someone is still in the menu
- (Singing Lullaby) Waitin' on you.
- Just waitin'.
- Still working on something, huh?
When out of ammo
- Crankshaft! I'm empty!
- Nuts! No more bullets!
- Screw it! I don't need ammo!
- Son of a whore!
- Where'd all the bullets go?
- Hey! Could you give me some of those bullets back?
- I'm out!
- No more ammo!
- High and dry!
- I miss my ammo.
- This will bring the hurt!
- Discord, Ehh! Not yet!
- When to discord? When to discord?
- More hurt for the discord!
- My discord will cause serious pain!
- Just wait until I reload.
- Can't wait to discooord.
- Gotta keep buffin that discord!
- Chargin up for that discord.
- Gotta pick the right time to discord.
- Ummm, I smell butts, and dead people. (entering Unassuming Docks)
- Hello, lovely lady. What is wrong? (in an affected voice; talking to Ellie/Eleanor in Flamerock Refuge -- the subtitles read "Hey" instead of "Hello")
- Oh man. Impossible puzzles, hairy dwarves, fiery explosions -- best day ever. (entering the Gilded Forge)
- Is it.... raft?
- Maybe some guns, and a Hecker circuit reintegrator. Those things are neat. (exiting Dwarven Mines)
Dropping the Crit
- My bad.
- Gah, this gun!
- Stupid slippery gun.
|This wiki's policy is that each trivia item, not pertaining to another part of the game, must be linked to its reference. All items not linked may be removed without notice or recourse. Please read policies.|
- Gaige is the first playable character to be released as a DLC for the Borderlands franchise.
- Gaige is the first playable character to have abilities which have a negative affect on her (her Anarchy stacks and their accuracy reduction).
- Gaige is the first playable character to not have an ECHO log in her inventory at the start of the game, nor does she have a personal trophy/achievement for the use of her personal skill.
- The intro of the game wasn't renewed after her release, so she was the first playable character who isn't featured in the intro of the game.
- Gaige and Deathtrap are, however, featured in the Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty intro together with the four original Vault Hunters.
- She is also seen more prominently in the Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt intro movie.
- In the intro of Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, a Gaige figurine is seen on the table during the scene where Tina is explaining the available character classes. She is also seen in silhouette during the ending with the rest of the Vault Hunters.
- Gaige likes cupcakes and hot chocolate, and her favorite color is purple.
- Gaige dislikes country music.
- One of her random lines while opening treasure chests - "It's like Hanukkah!" - suggests that Gaige may be Jewish, however this may be a parody of Roland's 'It's like Christmas!'.
- A few of her general combat quotes (the 'unstopabble', 'dominating', 'multi-kill', and 'monster kill' lines) are references to the announcer voice in the Unreal Tournament series of games.
- The bounty on Gaige's head is $820,000,000,000 which is the highest among all playable Borderlands characters to date. She is wanted for the "creation of unauthorized technology" and "excessive adorability." No wanted posters of Gaige exist in game however (the $820 billion figure is from her intro movie).
- When using the Handsome Jack voice modulator, Gaige's voice remains the same the first time it is picked up.
- The line Gaige says after picking up the voice modulator is exactly the same as Axton's.
- Only the English voice of Gaige using the voice modulator currently exists, being played in all versions of the game.
- She also doesn't use any of her Anarchy stack gain quotes while using Jack's voice.
- When building stacks of Anarchy, Gaige's personality undergoes a gradual shift from normal, to highly excited, to full-blown god-complex and fourth-wall breaking.
- Original concept art of Gaige featured her robot hand as being more crude and with only four digits. The arm in her final design has a full set of digits and has a more completed appearance. Aside from the arm, little else seemed to have been changed from the original design.