General Alphonso Knoxx was once an important figure in the Crimson Lance. That was until he was assigned to clean up the Lance's mess after a succession of high profile debacles on Pandora. After becoming disillusioned with the assignment he took his life in his own hands and attempted suicide. Before he could follow through with the act, he was interrupted by the untimely arrival of the Vault hunters, who themselves had been the cause of the earlier problems dogging the Crimson Lance. Challenging the interlopers to a fight to the death, his gambit to end his own misery was finally realised, at least for a little while.
Some time after the demise of the hapless general, he was called into action once more. Seeking an army of the strongest and toughest fighters that Pandora had to offer, the Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap engineered his resurrection to help swell the ranks of the robot revolution, and deal with the Vault hunters once and for all.
General Knoxx-Trap is first encountered in Sanders Gorge as a mainstay in the claptrap war machine of the robot revolution. He stands guard over an installation under claptrap control and must be defeated in order to regain control of a power plant to restore power to Tartarus Station's raised drawbridges. He is encountered a second time in Wayward Pass as the first in a sequence of -trapped boss fights.
General Knoxx-Trap uses dual energy cannons at long range, which deal heavy Shock damage on impact and over time. At close range he will use a stomp attack similar to Badass Devastators which deals moderate damage, and occasionally will jet into the air and attempt to land on his target. Stomp attacks can be mostly avoided with a well-timed jump, and moving inside the turning curve of the cannons as they home in (best done at short range) will likely cause them to miss. General Knoxx-Trap will flinch when hit with a headshot from most weapons, which will interrupt the charging of his cannons, but not his stomp attacks.
As General Knoxx-Trap loses health, up to three waves of Stabby Claptraps and a few Kamikaze Claptraps are summoned into the arena, spawning at about 75%, 50% and 25% health. Kamikaze Claptraps can instantly incapacitate characters and should be considered a top priority target as soon as they spawn. These enemies offer a chance for players to activate defensive on-kill skill effects in order to regain health and shields, or offensive on-kill skills to blaze away at General Knoxx-Trap with the benefits.
- Abuse the pillars. Using them for cover, pop out just after he shoots, and aim for the head.
- The 'Stabby' Clap-Traps are very useful for Second Wind.
- I'm back! Wait, I'm back?!? DAMMIT! - Cutscene (re)introducing General Knoxx
- A couple more spins around this puss-filled dingleberry of a planet thanks to the glorious Claptrap Robolution. Same shit, different day, am I right? Well, this chip in my head is telling me to stomp your face in. Apologies in advance. - Upon starting battle, first encounter
- It's finally over...I see a bright light. It's blinding... beautiful...no, wait. That's just the sun. Shit. - Upon dying, first encounter
- Come on! Seriously?! Again? What's a guy gotta do to get a little sweet, permanent embrace of death around here? - Upon starting battle, second encounter
- I heard that your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you die... that’s a load of crap…no wait…okay, there it goes. - Upon dying, second encounter
- And if you ever bring me back again, I'll kill ya.
- Aw, don't be that way.
- Can’t even off a manic-depressive suicidal man-bot. That is sad.
- I’d be a little more hopeful if you weren’t so gutless.
- Is your safety on? I couldn’t tell because you haven’t hit me yet.
- So, are you going to start fighting back, or....?
- That is your rifle, that is your gun. My guess is you’re shooting blanks with both.
- Where’s the kill switch on this thing?
- When will the killing end? Right after me, God willing.
- A few more like that oughta do it.
- Aim for the face! The face!
- Attaboy! Make it quick!
- Ooooh. Felt that one in what used to be my spleen.
- Ouch. Right in the old floppies.
- You fried my backup drive!
- His claptrap detail colors are opposite his regular Secret Armory colors. Red and yellow swapped places.
- His quote "That is your rifle, that is your gun." is a reference to "Full Metal Jacket".