|Ghosts of the Vault|
|Given By||Lucky's Bounty Board|
|Rewards||5280XP, $2893, Artifact|
|Rewards||12384 XP, $31265,Artifact|
|Previous||Powering the Fast Travel Network|
|Mission Type||Optional mission|
Visit the Haunted Excavation and recover the Elemental Artifact.
- Find the Elemental Artifact
- "This is Tannis. I was digging in the Dahl Headland, and came very close to uncovering an Elemental Artifact, most likely from the Vault. I was forced to abandon the dig when my brain-dead team quit. They said they saw ghosts, or Bigfoot, or something. If you're someone who isn't a superstitious dolt, I invite you to recover the artifact for yourself. Here's the freight lift code so you can access the site."
StrategyThis mission takes place inside the mountain in the middle of the Dahl Headlands. The subterranean chambers must be accessed by way of an elevator that is guarded by several bandits aboveground at the top, as well as several more near the bottom who will also rush in to attack when the elevator reaches the cave floor. The chambers at the bottom are illuminated by an eerie blue glow emanating from nearby glowing rocks and are connected by a single passage.
Venturing into the passage takes one past some grisly bandit corpses to an expansive cavern with two large statues in the middle. When approached, the statues start to turn, at which point a Guardian Spectre and two Guardian Wraiths will materialise and attack. They have powerful shields but are not particularly high in health, so using shock elemental damage on them is very effective. They may also drop elemental artifacts when killed.
The mission is turned in at the far end of the cavern and rewarded with a new level 2 explosive artifact.
- "You have discovered the Elemental Artifact which Tannis spoke of. She won't mind if you keep it for yourself, right?"
- A nearby Red Weapon Chest serves to further the rewards in this area.
- If the chest is of no importance, it is possible to simply sprint over to the artifact, complete the mission, and run out again without having to fight the Guardians.
- Sometimes, running out of the room after the fight starts and running down the hall a few meters causes the two wraiths to disappear, reducing the fight to a single guardian opponent.