- Shield Recharge: +0.7% per level
- Cooldown Rate: +1.5% per level
There are no class mods that boost this skill beyond 5 levels.
- The effects last 7 seconds.
- Flame of the Firehawk is far less useful with this skill. While active, this kill skill will cause it to behave like a standard Nova Shield, and any Nova kill will instantly prevent further Novas from triggering.
- Any Roid Shield damage instantly loses it's effect after a single kill and cannot be triggered again until Grim wears off.
- This ability improves the usefulness of Amplify Shields, reducing delay between Amp Shots and possibly allowing another Amp Shot before the Shield Recharge Delay is over.
- Most other shield effects, such as Absorb, Spike, or Booster, only have their ability trigger while the shields are not depleted. Grim effectively prevents Zer0 from losing the effects of such shields, due to the regeneration preventing the shield from being completely depleted.
- This skill might be attractive since it's the only skill that increases Decepti0n's cooldown rate, but at maximum rank, 7,5% extra cooldown rate only amounts to a 1.05 second reduction, assuming that Grim is kept active for the entire cooldown. Proficiency or Bone of the Ancients relics are a much more efficient way of reducing the cooldown.