StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
Grunt is enemy encountered in Borderlands 2. There are two major types: Hodunk Grunt and Zaford Grunt. Both types vary in appearance and fight for their respective clans. Hodunk grunts first appear during the Clan War: Trailer Trashing mission. Zaford grunts are first encountered at the end of Clan War: Starting the War story mission. Both types are encountered during the Clan War: Zafords vs. Hodunks optional mission.
Grunts generally carry small arms (pistols, SMGs, and shotguns) and can be equipped with shields.
- Regardless of the game mode, their name remains unchanged.
- While not immediately obvious as a marauder, this unit type contributes to the "Marauder? I Hardly Knew 'Er" challenge when killed.
- In Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre, Grunts are named (Normal mode > TVHM > UVHM) as follows:
- Hodunk Grunt > Hodunk Hillbilly > Hodunk Bumpkin
- Zaford Grunt > Zaford Soldier > Zafor Lieutenant