|Effect||Causes the Scorpio Turret to intermittently fire a guided missile in addition to its machine gun.|
Guided Missile is a Tier 4 skill on the Infantry branch of Roland's Skill Tree, and thus requires at least 15 points invested into the Infantry branch before it is available. Once learned, the skill causes your Scorpio Turret to fire guided rockets periodically. Additional levels decrease the time between firing one missile and the next.
Your Scorpio Turret launches guided missiles in addition to using its regular gun.
Fire a missile every (8...4) seconds
|Seconds per Missile||8||7||6||5||4|
|Total Launches per Deployment||3||3||3||4||5|
- While it might not be worth spending points in the Infantry tree just to get this skill, it is always advisable to put at least a single skill point in this skill when/if it becomes available.
- Guided Missile provides a very bad return per skill point spent. 1 skill point will provide the best benefits. 2 and 3 skill points provide no benefit except to fulfill the requirement to get to levels 4 and 5. Each adds an additional missile to the total number fired during the deployment of the Scorpio turret. (further explanation in the below "Notes" section)
- Rockets not only damage enemies, they also stun them. This effect is especially useful against hard hitting and/or armored units, like Lance Defender.
- The missiles fly straight up before targeting an enemy and will prematurely impact on any overhead obstructions such as a ceiling or a low bridge. Make sure to position the Turret with sufficient overhead clearance.
- This skill allows the turret to attack two enemies at once (one with the gun, and another with the missile). Also, it enables the turret to hit enemies behind it, since the missiles don't have the limited 180 degree arc the turret does.
- The Scorpio Turret will neither fire its gun nor missile if a target is not within its 180 degree front arc, or if its gun is facing in the opposite direction from a target within its arc. As such, it can fire one missile less than what it usually can.
- The turret will fire one missile immediately upon full deployment. However, as it takes 3 seconds to set itself up after a player activates Roland's Action Skill, there is a slight delay before the turret fully deploys and gets a missile off.
- As such, the maximum number of missiles actually fired are as follows:
- One Skill Point - Fires 3 missiles - one at 3, 11, and 19 seconds
- Two Skill Points - Fires 3 missiles - one at 3, 10, and 17 seconds
- Three Skill Points - Fires 3 missiles - one at 3, 9, and 15 seconds
- Four Skill Points - Fires 4 missiles - one at 3, 8, 13, and 18 seconds
- Five Skill Points - Fires 5 missiles - one at 3, 7, 11, 15, and 19 seconds