StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
|Effect||Action Skill. Draw a second gun and go nuts! While Gunzerking you Instantly Regain 50% of Your Total Health, gain Damage Reduction against enemy attacks, and constantly Regenerate Health and Ammo. Does not regenerate rockets.|
Gunzerking, also known as "Dual-Wield", is Salvador the Gunzerker's Action Skill. It is the ability to wield two weapons at the same time for a limited amount of time. Upon activating Gunzerking Salvador instantly heals half his max health, gains damage reduction, and constantly regenerates health and ammo.
42 seconds (can be decreased to 33.6 seconds, without class mods)
20 seconds (can be increased to 35 seconds, without class mods)
+50% damage reduction (effectively a 33.3% net reduction)
Gunzerking has a variety of applications, many of which are amplified with certain skills. When low on health and in danger, it can be activated to instantly refill half your health and provide health regeneration and damage reduction for the duration. It's also simply a good skill for killing enemies quickly. Guns can even get more accurate or have faster fire rates while Gunzerking, though it's worth noting that since the second gun takes up the aiming button, it is impossible to scope or ironsight while the ability is in use.
With points in the Brawn tree, Gunzerking allows Salvador to absorb ludicrous amounts of damage compared to other classes, particularly using the Come At Me Bro skill. However, this does not mean Salvador can wade into combat in a frenzy, bullets barely harming him, if too many enemies are present, particularly in True Vault Hunter Mode.
Gunzerking can be used while reviving players without resetting the revive bar. Doing so can heal Salvador and prevent him from taking fatal damage during the revive. Other actions are allowed while Gunzerking, such as throwing grenades, melee attacks, and activating switches or opening chests.
- The first and last two guns in the weapons slots are always the two weapons pulled out when Gunzerking. For example, if holding the gun in the second weapon slot, activating Gunzerking will pull out the gun in the first weapon slot instead of the third weapon slot.
- Initiating the skill will automatically reload both weapons. This means it is a useful way of skipping reload animations in the middle of combat or to reload a Tediore without consuming the remainder of the clip.
- The ammo regeneration granted while Gunzerking affects all types of ammo, aside from rockets and grenades, at the same time. Meaning even if you are not using an assault rifle or shotgun you will still regenerate missing ammo for them. Gunzerking will not regenerate rocket launcher ammunition.
- Unlike Brick who was the Zerker class in the first game, Salvador was not meant to charge in either into close range combat or up close and personal combat unless your tactics were well planned and layed out.
- It is best to use Gunzerking if you either face Badasses or Bosses, or if you are low on health or ammuniton unless you went heavily down the Brawn or Rampage skill trees.
- While Gunzerking works wonders at close-to-medium range, the inability to aim down your sights significantly hampers your long range capabilities. If Gunzerking at anywhere beyond medium range, consider equipping a Hyperion weapon (or better yet, two). Hyperion submachine guns, pistols, and even shotguns are considerably more effective at long range due to their reverse recoil stabilizers.