Man, I gotta stay in side all day!
|Element:||Incendiary, Shock, Corrosive, or Slag|
|Special Part(s): |
Special Weapon Effects
What play thing can you offer me today? – Always elemental. Fires projectiles that sharply ascend before falling in an arc. After a certain distance bullets will split in two. Damage done with this gun heals the wielder. Bonus critical hit damage of 200%, Inflicts elemental splash damage of 80%.
Usage & Description
The Hail's unique projectile behavior can make this a challenging weapon to use effectively. Hail rifles trade distance for damage and area denial. This weapon can be used as its name implies: to rain a devastating hail of elemental damage down upon a wide area, showering advancing enemies and ones behind cover alike, spread elemental damage over a large area while firing while scoped will concentrate massive damage onto a tight space.
Aiming low will mitigate the arc of the weapon.
The +200% critical hit damage that all Hails spawn with further increases this weapon's effectiveness by showering massive damage down upon enemies' critical spots. This feature, combined with the effect of 3% lifesteal, make the Hail a weapon to be reckoned with.
- Hail restores 3% of damage inflicted as health to the wielder.
- Use of Vel0city or Accelerate can make this gun either extremely hard to use, or easier, depending on the user's ability to adjust aim downwards to compensate for the much faster projectiles.
- The Hail works well with the Close Enough, allowing a player to indiscriminately arc shots over obstructions in the enemy's general direction, while hiding behind cover, and kill enemies with little risk of being hit by return fire.
- Use of the Hail with The Bee is also a good choice, as the split projectiles can both benefit from full amp damage.
- Unlike most elemental assault rifles, the Hail delivers splash damage with each shot, inflicting 80% of the base gun damage.
The flavor text is a part of line said by Ming the Merciless, the main antagonist in the 1980 film Flash Gordon.