This article is about the title of Tediore pistols. For other uses, see Pistol
Handgun is the title of a group of common pistols manufactured by Tediore in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, and scavs in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. They commonly spawns with the Dahl, Maliwan, Tediore, and bandit/scavs barrels.
Usage & Description
Tediore pistols are characterized by quick reloading and mediocre stats overall. When a Tediore gun runs out of ammo, the weapon is thrown away and promptly explodes.
Scavs pistols feature enormous magazine sizes, but with long reload times and generally stats below average.
The Handgun can come with a variety of barrels, each one can give the gun different properties:
- Tediore barrel (standard) – Does nothing additional.
- Maliwan barrel (elemental) – Increases elemental effect damage (if the weapon spawn with an element) and accuracy.
- Dahl barrel (stable) – Increases recoil recovery and slightly reduces recoil and damage.
- Bandit/scav barrel ("heavy") – Increases the weapon damage but reduces accuracy.
- Borderlands 2
- Tediore Gunerang – Legendary pistol which homes into enemies when thrown or otherwise flies back to the wielder.
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- Tediore Shooterang – Legendary pistol which flies around like a boomerang when thrown with a reload, bouncing off surfaces and firing constantly before exploding.
- Scav Party Popper – Unique always non-elemental pistol that fires bullets vanishing after traveling a very short distance and consume 3 rounds per shot.
- Scav Zim – Legendary always cryo pistol with increased magazine size, damage, and accuracy.
- The Handgun is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source.